Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! COD 1.5

• 13-02-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

I hope one of you can help me out...

Recently I've not been able to play online. My punkbuster setting seems to have defaulted to No in multiplayer options and when I activate it and try to access any games, after about 30 seconds I'm getting kicked out for "no packet flow".

Any help appreciated!

I've no clue what's happening in the background and I'm getting very bored playing single player!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I googled it and apparently the problem lies with patch 1.5 not including PB. As a result, it seems you need to fresh-install CoD, then install patch 1.4 and then patch 1.5.

Here's EvenNalance's official reply to a gamer who had exactly the same problem:

"We are aware of the 1.5 patch not including PB. There is not much I can do about that, it IW and Activision that made that decision. CoD also lets you "Enable" PB even if you have no PB installed. It's an annoying bug in CoD, but did not matter that much till 1.5. We have to ensure the users of PB agree to our EULA before it can be installed, so we are unable to just give out PB folders. We may have a stand alone installer in the future, but the only solution right now is to install CoD to 1.4 then 1.5".

This will solve your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Cheers Steffano. Will do a fresh install over the weekend and let you know how I got on.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

This happened to me a couple of months ago and when I did an uninstall and fresh install, the game wouldn't work for me at all. I eventually found out that I needed to do a registry clean before I could reinstall and patch the game as there were small "bits and pieces" of the original installation mucking up the fresh install. So to sum up:

Uninstall COD.
    Do a registry clean
    Reinstall COD.
    Install patches
    And away you goooooooooooooooooo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Guys, thanks a million for your help! Did the uninstall, registry clean and reinstall this evening and it's working fine. I've even added xfire and if you want to add me, I'm mikedragon32 (surprise surprise).

Cheers again!

M

Advertisement