Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spam SMS

• 13-02-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Just in the last 30 mins I've received 6 SMS from play-2-win.net. I don't usually receive these.
    Some rubbish about a scratch card. I'm supposed to click the Go-To to see what its all about :rolleyes:

(I've just received another :mad: )

There's no info on how to unsubscribe. I've gone to the website (as above) and its a company called M-Service Ireland.
    They say to unsubscribe I've to send them an email with my mobile number (and a bunch of other info like the service, dates/times etc).

Would you send your mobile number to them (I guess they already have it), or send a complaint to ComReg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a gawk here might give you some info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Check your credit/bill etc as some of these places sign you up without you signing up.

If you are with meteor look at their site.. there is a number you forward it on to so they can sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Actually, just got on to my service provider. I mentioned the sms were from a web link and they knew all about it.
    They said the company were charging me 9c per text! But that they will refund me, so I won't be charged at all.
    They said the company were sending out bulk messages and that their techy crew on trying to sort it out.

Issue sorted, but thanks for the RUU for the links anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

if anyone else gets these texts without having asked for them you should contact your service provider and get them to send you out a call log, showing all of your transactions for the last 3 months. then send it with a letter of complaint to

regtel
    crescent hall
    mount st. crescent
    dublin 2

i spent a nearly an hour on the phone today trying to deal with this crap

also check out http://www.regtel.ie/code_11.htm
    it's the current regulations on premium rate sms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just got this message today
    "For your loyalty, we are offering you 20 FREE texts every month for 3 months. Simply reply HAPPY before Feb 26th. It's just our way of saying thanks. From O2" from 5xxxx

Looks fine to me, but thought I'd ask, scam or genuine offer from O2. Feeding the number into regtel didn't give any result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

eolhc wrote:
    Just got this message today
    "For your loyalty, we are offering you 20 FREE texts every month for 3 months. Simply reply HAPPY before Feb 26th. It's just our way of saying thanks. From O2" from 5xxxx

Looks fine to me, but thought I'd ask, scam or genuine offer from O2. Feeding the number into regtel didn't give any result
    Talked about already in another thread. Genuine. I got it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anybody see Prime Time last night it was all about this. I personally think that the entire Premium Rates market should be closed and all premium services banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Webmonkey wrote:
    Talked about already in another thread. Genuine. I got it as well.

Thanks see the other thread now, don't know how i missed it earlier :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

netwhizkid wrote:
    Anybody see Prime Time last night it was all about this. I personally think that the entire Premium Rates market should be closed and all premium services banned.

i work in o2 customer care and about 10 mins after the show started our call volume shot way up,the majority of which were about 3rd party sms,oh and can people please remember I'M not taking your money,no need to yell!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement