Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash in Galway

Options
  • 13-02-2007 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Any idea of where there are squash courts about Galway to rent out for an hour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The Arus Salthill,Dr Manix Road,maybe Galway Lawn Tennis club although im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

galway lawn threadneedle road salthill has 1 or 2 thats all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As the others have said, the Tennis Club on Threadneedle Road have Squash courts. Their number is (091) 522353. I'm not sure if you need to bring a member with you to play.
    Also, after a quick Google search I see that UCG has Squash courts so you could also try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Castlegar Hurling Complex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fergusmc

Just came across this thread, I just moved to Barna and would like to get a game or two of squash - if anyone fancies a game please let me know - I'm kind of an "intermediate" I guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cathal_mchale

fergusmc wrote: »
    Just came across this thread, I just moved to Barna and would like to get a game or two of squash - if anyone fancies a game please let me know - I'm kind of an "intermediate" I guess

Hey Fergus. A little less than a year later... but, I just moved to Galway myself and would be very interested in getting a few games of squash / joining a club. I'd say I'm intermediate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Theres also the courts in the Sports centre in NUIG in Aran Na MacLeinn. Rackets etc are also available to hire but I don't have any idea of how much it costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

finlma wrote: »
    Any idea of where there are squash courts about Galway to rent out for an hour?

Pretty sure that the Galway Tennis Club in Threadneedle Road have squash courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Hey Fergus. A little less than a year later... but, I just moved to Galway myself and would be very interested in getting a few games of squash / joining a club. I'd say I'm intermediate too.

If anyones up for some Galway squash let me know! (PM) I have membership and can bring a friend to NUIG for like 4quid each. Am a beginner.

I'd like to throw my name into the hat for this, used to play in secondary school but have only managed 1 game in the 6 years since, since none of my friends play.

I don't know the exact rules(we just used to go either 9 serves for one 9 for the other, or like table tennis where you need to win serve then score of that and play to 18 or so, i know the serves have to go above the lines on the wall then over the line near the players, so i know a bit just not the exact rulings :D).... but i can play apart from that.

NUI's prob the best place, courts are decent and you don't have to be a member anyway, Galway Lawn you prob would

• Advertisement

As far as I know you do have to be a member in NUIG and there is only one court - perhaps you're thinking of the old squash venue in NUIG which is now gone?

Anyway, PM me if youre interested cos Im a member. I booked a court for tomorrow at 6.40pm - I had someone to play against but he just texted to say he cant make it afterall. :(

This booking cancelled because no one was free tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

As far as I know you do have to be a member in NUIG and there is only one court

No you don't. Anyone can book the courts. Just costs 2 quid extra if you're not a member.

Anyone up for a game next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Squash is something I've always wanted to play but have never gotten around to. If there are any other wannabe Squash players out there please feel free to PM me; it's something I'd love to get into.

Everybody seems to think it's a real 80's game but I think it looks like fun:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aloofasc

The Galway LTC has 6 squash courts, and their visitor fee is €10 per person. I know they have a Club night on a thursday for non members to play and get coaching, i went last year twas good fun. Think its over for the summer but will probably be on again in September when the season starts. Paul the squash coach was real good and i think i really improved my game?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Can beginners go to that night too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aloofasc

Oh yeah there were total beginners there, best to check with the club though just in case, they also got a website www.gltc.ie that might have more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lidka

Hello,
    I know, I found this webside too late:), but maybe someone still wants to play squash? I am beginner (went once with friend and had a lot of fun!) but want to play and improwe! Let me know, tks,
    Lidia
    If anyones up for some Galway squash let me know! (PM) I have membership and can bring a friend to NUIG for like 4quid each. Am a beginner.

I'm still up for playing too, I think I'd be a bit above beginner level though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

Can beginners go to that night too?

sure they can :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Lidka wrote: »
    Hello,
    I know, I found this webside too late:), but maybe someone still wants to play squash? I am beginner (went once with friend and had a lot of fun!) but want to play and improwe! Let me know, tks,
    [/Quote]

Hey,
    Are you still looking for a squash buddy?? Played only a handful of times and would love to.take it up again

Advertisement