Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Mitsubishi Engine ?

Options
  • 13-02-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Looks like I need to source a replacement engine for a 96 Lancer 1.6. Water pump was gone...and car driven...not for too long...but eventually cut-out. Now won't even hint at starting. Engine turns...but no bite. Mechanic has checked it...and no compression whatsoever. Anyway, assuming his diagnosis is correct (I'm not a mechanic..but would appreciate any second opinions)...where might I source a replacement engine ?. Paid €3k for the car...and can't afford to write it off. He mentioned a Jap import. Are there companies that can source/fit replacement engines like this ?, Dublin area preferably. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Tonnes of these (literally) in breakers.

Advertisement