Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

must learn to play...

Options
  • 13-02-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all. i haven't really posted here that much.:)

i am in a Very lucky position where i'll have time on my hands for the forseeable future:rolleyes: (i'm not a rich kid, i just decided to make the most of my house purchase falling through:eek: - years of scrimping followed by job loss is going to be put to good use!!!).

i've decided to lean to play guitar properly once and for all, as has been my dream. i can play well but don't have a bulls beyond that. i'm not quick on the uptake and concepts find their way in slowly so time will be my friend.

i'm starting to find the achilles heel of books is lack of vocal chords- they don't answer when you ask:p teachers are more than a little thin on the ground down my way and at my rate of learning, once a week lessons will probably be of benefit to me in 30 years or so.

i found this guy on youtube and looked on his website. at $300 i think his course could be either reassuringly expensive or a total ripoff. anyone heard of this guy or know anything about his course or maybe something similar.

any advice or thoughts would be apreciated:) :):)

http://www.guitarin60seconds.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I wouldnt spit on that course to be honest...typical american crap, lots of ridiculous quotes and big red letters. I'd half expect them to throw in a set of cheese-graters if you DONT DELAY - ORDER NOW!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'm learing bass guitar and found lots of good free lessons on the internet. I'm sure the same can be found for guitar. Also, rather than spend $300 on an internet course IMO it would be better to spend approx. 30 euros on an instruction DVD. Whatever you do, enjoy the learning process. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

im in the same boat as you and have
    decided to learn lead properly after all these years

theres a million really useful lessons on youtube

I dont know how good you are or what you want to achieve
    but for example i am learning rock/metal lead

i have learned loads of licks, runs and tecnhniques
    off youtube

if you are into learning rock just play with searches on youtube,