Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card details stolen from TJ Maxx

Options
  • 13-02-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Maybe this was covered earlier/elsewhere- sorry if that is the case

From www.tjmaxx.com
    LETTER FROM TJX’S CHAIRMAN

January 29, 2007

To Our Valued Customers:

In light of our recently announced unauthorized intrusion into our computer systems, as the Founder of our Company, I want to say how deeply I regret any difficulties our customers may experience due to this incident.
    see website for rest.
    AIB called me this morning and told me that our CC details had been stolen in this exercise.

It seems there are thousands of Irish cards at risk and that the theft took place on November, so if you or yours shopped in T K Maxx here in Ireland you are at risk.
    AIB have set up a special unit to deal with this and they will only call u if ur card is used outside the chip and pin environment such as online or in a non-chipped/pinned country such as US.

I bought online last night and they called me this am.
    I would have thought that they would have replaced the cards on first being told but no, they are waiting for a non-C+P trans

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2007/01/tjx_creditcard.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Argh thats silly, do they hold on to the numbers for some reason? I hate retailers who do that. They should charge it then delete most the numbers from their systems.

Advertisement