Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got their Three Data card bill yet?

Options
  • 13-02-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Was expecting mine last week and it has not come as yet.................was just wondering if anyone on here has got theirs yet? If so how does it break down the downloads...............is it like vodafone where it says you connected to office.vodafone.ie/hs.vodafone.ie, for three it would be "3ireland.ie" and then gives you the ammount of time and Mb download for each time you connect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

I got one, but as it doesn't work here, and my total transfer was about 7M, I dunno if they'd have mentioned it!
    There was no mention of usage on the bill except for
    inclusive internet usage (Mb's) 3,000

I dropped the card back yesterday, and got a no quibbles refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes, mine arrived today and while I haven't actually seen it yet, I do know the total.

Over the past month I have deliberately used it as a broadband modem in the north, sent SMS from it in both jurisdictions, made calls on it (Mo and MT) again in both jurisdictions, just to see what the cost would be. It the north it has accidentally strayed onto foreign networks while surfing and as well as using it with the supplied HSDPA datacard, I have also used it as a bluetooth modem with a handset to pair with my MacBook. Finally, I have used it a lot with Planet 3 and, over the past week, with fring, to send IM and to make Skype calls no matter where I happened to be.

The cost for all this jollity is 46,19 -some 6-odd euro more than the monthly tariff.

It is now officially fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andmoreagain

I recently signed up with Three and am very happy so far. But when I went to their website just now all references to data cards and mobile broadband appears to have been removed. Does anyone know why?

I recently signed up with Three and am very happy so far. But when I went to their website just now all references to data cards and mobile broadband appears to have been removed. Does anyone know why?

Huh? It's there, right on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

culabula wrote:
    Yes, mine arrived today and while I haven't actually seen it yet, I do know the total.

Over the past month I have deliberately used it as a broadband modem in the north, sent SMS from it in both jurisdictions, made calls on it (Mo and MT) again in both jurisdictions, just to see what the cost would be. It the north it has accidentally strayed onto foreign networks while surfing and as well as using it with the supplied HSDPA datacard, I have also used it as a bluetooth modem with a handset to pair with my MacBook. Finally, I have used it a lot with Planet 3 and, over the past week, with fring, to send IM and to make Skype calls no matter where I happened to be.

The cost for all this jollity is 46,19 -some 6-odd euro more than the monthly tariff.

It is now officially fantastic.

So it does not charge you extra for using it in the UK? no roaming charges in other words? if so thats fantastic! well for me anyway as i am over and back to the Uk all the time.

have you had a chance to look at the bill yet, and how it is set out?

How did the skype calls work out on it?

I was impressed with their service, and customer service until my SIM messed up 2 weeks ago, STILL waiting for a new one and no one can tell me whats going on, i have been giving the people in India an ear bashing..........i asked to talk to the people in Scotland as they send out the replacement sims but was told this is "not possible at this time sir" to which i replied "have they all died?" More shouting from me tomorrow if it is not sorted, i have been nice about it up until this stage!

has anyone else had the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andmoreagain

Sorry culabula. I was looking here: http://www.3ireland.ie, instead of here:

http://www.three.ie. Too much Valentine wine.

I was impressed with their service, and customer service until my SIM messed up 2 weeks ago, STILL waiting for a new one and no one can tell me whats going on, i have been giving the people in India an ear bashing..........i asked to talk to the people in Scotland as they send out the replacement sims but was told this is "not possible at this time sir" to which i replied "have they all died?" More shouting from me tomorrow if it is not sorted, i have been nice about it up until this stage!

has anyone else had the same problem?

3UK once took 8 weeks to replace a SIM for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Support for the data card is done by a compnay called WDS Global. Their number in the UK is 0044 1202 722011 - press choice # 3 and you will be connect to datacard support. - They seem to have decent knowledge of technical matters.

e-mail = 3uksupport@uk.wdsglobal.com

Here's the lowdown on my recent three data bill. The total was 46,19 instead of 39,99.

The charge for all data usage (datacard and phone-as-modem) was ZERO, since the 09/01. Most of this usage was in Belfast. Not even straying onto a foreign network such as Orange UK incurred any charge.

There were 7 SMS-MO which incurred a charge of 51c.

Calls to landlines and other mobiles incurred a charge of 25c per minute.

Strangely a call to 333 (from Belfast) incurred a charge of 3,47 for a 14 minute call, where I had expected no charge. I won't be making that mistake again. This accounted for most of the extra charges incurred.

Add VAT to all these charges.

There was no charge for any calls received on this SIM.

I am delighted with my experience in 3 Ireland and their mobile broadband offering. I won't be making any more calls on it and so the monthly charge should remain just the 39,99. From the 26th inst. I'll be in Italy using it on 3 there, so I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks for that info culabula.................just to clear something up, what exactly does the bill say about the data usage? does it list everytime you connect and give you an ammount of data used? what does it say you connect to? 3ireland.ie?

thanks!

• Advertisement

Yes, it describes each and every connection: time, date and amount used.
    It does not mention the apn -there only is this one, no? In any case that is what I inputted manually on all my phones (copied from the windows software app supplied with the datacard).

Incidentally Huawei seem to have put up a new verision of the Irish-tuned app on their site. They also offer a vanilla version entitled "normal". Does anyone know that if this was used with the supplied datacard if this would permit the use of other non-3 SIMs?

Advertisement