Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a hosting company in the US?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi all

I have an Irish client that wants a website hosted in the US as it will mainly appeal to the US market. It will be an ecommerce site selling only one product (using PayPal), most likely using ASP/MySQL but possibly PHP/MySQL instead.

There are thousands of hosts to choose from but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations based on their own experience.

Thanks in advance

McGinty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hi all

I have an Irish client that wants a website hosted in the US as it will mainly appeal to the US market. It will be an ecommerce site selling only one product (using PayPal), most likely using ASP/MySQL but possibly PHP/MySQL instead.

There are thousands of hosts to choose from but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations based on their own experience.

Thanks in advance

McGinty

For ASP hosters I would not know.
    Mine does PHP/MySQL only.
    It is extremelly reliable, been using it for over 2 years. Excellent service.
    24/24 hour support etc..
    www.hostgator.com

Do not buy domain names from them, they are about 15USD, I buy my domains from www.idotz.net. Their website looks a bit funny but they are really good, friendly, and the company is actually German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Media Temple are popular and pretty cheap for shared hosting ($20 a month). I have used Dreamhost for a while and have found them to be fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Serbian wrote:
    Media Temple are popular and pretty cheap for shared hosting ($20 a month). I have used Dreamhost for a while and have found them to be fine also.

$20 / month is hardly cheap, though they do have a good reputation

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

we partner with www.securewebs.com they're great 24hour support and very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Greetings

Just thought that I'd mention that I found an excellent hosting company in the states called ixwebhosting. The Windows business package did the job. The setup is automated, takes about 5mins to do and then you get 8 billion email addresses, MySQL database and MS SQL databases. 8 billion is a slight exageration :D but you get more than you'll ever need.

Anyways, just thought I'd share the info.

Cheers

McGintyMcGoo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

These guys are cheap - http://www.hostingfest.com/
    and haven't had any problems with them in a year. I assume they are US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

www.fluidhosting.com - can recommend form personal experience, excellent support/service/attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

www.bluehost.com ...all the specs, and my recommendation all in $7.95 per month($95.4 p/annum)

Advertisement