Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrgh Bt Again,,, Not A Customer But Being Billed!!

Options
  • 14-02-2007 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

HI folks

moved away from BT in Oct 2006! i am no longer a customer, and im still receiving emails from them saying my bill is available to view online!!

so i checked it out,, the amount due has been constantly growing for the last 3 bt bills.. that i viewed online!! i havent been their customer since 0ct 06..

what the hell is going on here, nothing has changed with them,,,,still errors, i have emailed their complaints email see what happens....

can you give me some advice on what to do? what im afraid of now, that due to mistakes on their part they send this to their collections team!!

cheers..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

what_car wrote:
    HI folks

moved away from BT in Oct 2006! i am no longer a customer, and im still receiving emails from them saying my bill is available to view online!!

so i checked it out,, the amount due has been constantly growing for the last 3 bt bills.. that i viewed online!! i havent been their customer since 0ct 06..

what the hell is going on here, nothing has changed with them,,,,still errors, i have emailed their complaints email see what happens....

can you give me some advice on what to do? what im afraid of now, that due to mistakes on their part they send this to their collections team!!

cheers..

I know its messy but if I was you I would send them (addressed to the Chief Executive) a registered letter giving full details of dates of your cancellation etc. I presume you have cancelled any direct debits that might have been in place. I would also forward a copy of the letter to the Chief Executive to Comreg. At least this would mean that if you got a letter from the dreaded collectors you can have something in hard copy of your detailed notification to BT.

As a matter of interest has the DSL signal gone off your line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

very same thing is happening to me. left same time as you and am still recieving bills. Luckily I have a big juicey folder full of all my BT correspondance going back to last march as well as e-mails stored in my inbox from my many titanic battles with them in the past.

My current plan is to just ignore BT and then hit them with everything should anyone actually come looking for me to pay them.

out of interest, did you manage to get your disposit back off them when you left.

dub45 wrote:
    As a matter of interest has the DSL signal gone off your line?
    When I requested to be cut off from them, 6 weeks past and then they finally cut me off without warning ( email from bt arrived two days after the cut off which i read in an internet cafe). I had awful trouble trying to get re connected with another provider. My current provider could not connect me up as I was still showing up as active with BT and BT where insisting I wasn't. The problem was although they cut me off, they never put through a cancellation order on my line and they had my port blocked for a good month before I finally got through to a human in BT who apologised for his collegues and sorted the problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I worte 2 letters to them and never heard back.
    I had to 'ate' some young lad on the phone after having about 6 1/2 hour conversations over a period of 8 months.
    If I had to do it again the first thing I would do is pay 50Euro to a solicitor and send a legal letter.
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz1989

Well 4 months after cancelling an order that kept failing after months, ive have just recieved a confirmation letter from BT than it has been processed and my modem will be with me in a few day:confused: and im currently under contract with Eircom and Digiweb and thay canceled the Eircom phone package:confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

what_car wrote:
    HI folks

cheers..

Hi!

Check your private messages!

• Advertisement
Advertisement