Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS and IE

Options
  • 14-02-2007 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the cause of a problem I'm having. I am putting together a web page and at the moment the structure is all I'm concentrating on. The content is just junk right now. I'm having an issue with the appearance not being the same in mozilla and IE. I'm aware that there are problems with the box model pre IE6 but this is even displaying incorrectly in IE6/7. It's to do with extra space at the bottom of some of the divs, please take a quick look at the page here and let me know if it's something simple I'm missing. If needed I will post the CSS and HTML.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

looks the same in IE, Firefox and Opera to me... too wide on all 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

Do you not see that the space between the buttons and the border in the login box is bigger in IE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yar I see it to be sure... did an IE/Firefox screenshot overlay [attached].

Try sticking this in your head...
    <style type="text/css">
    	form {display: inline;}
    </style>

...or in your stylesheet.

Legendary stuff DonkeyStyle!, thanks a million

Alas I see another problem. Either the padding on the content section or the margin on the login box is causing another difference in appearance. There seems to be more space between the content text and the side of the login box in IE than in Firefox and more space between the bottom of the Login box and the text in IE. Any ideas on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement