Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl - Wtf?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

H all,

more a rant than a question...

My NTL digital has not been working for a week - rang NTL, they send a technician, technician said it's not the box but an NTL connection problem. Digital was working for half a day, then went again, and now my broadband is gone as well, and the 'normal' cable channels are really, really grainy.

Rang NTL again, and your man just went "I'll take down your faults report, and as soon as enough people from your area ring in, we'll send a technician out"

WTF? I'm paying for a service, and if I am not getting that service, surely that would warrant sending out a technician, nevermind how many other people have the same problem??? Especially when they KNOW it's an NTL problem because the technician was already there once?

Been very happy with NTL before, but I'm starting to regret that opinion...Anything I can do to speed up their process (apart from going round to all my neighbours asking them to ring in?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Welcome to Chorus Mk.II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

galah wrote:
    Been very happy with NTL before, but I'm starting to regret that opinion...Anything I can do to speed up their process (apart from going round to all my neighbours asking them to ring in?)

Maybe.... the reason they wait for several calls from an area before they send out a techie is because of the cost (I know you don't care about that and why should you), you could ring them up again and just keep badgering them, it may work, but probably not, however you can complain to COMREG the communications regulator about how you are being dealt with and trust me on this I used to work for NTL, when COMREG gets on to them on behalf of a customer all sorts of red flags used to go up, managers became involved etc..

Also when you are on to NTL next ask them about crediting back some of the money they have billed you for the service they are not providing, they do have the facility to do this particularly if the said customer appears to be particularly irate. Hope this helps.

SM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just ring them back and speak to someone else, you'll get a totally different response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Maybe.... the reason they wait for several calls from an area before they send out a techie is because of the cost (I know you don't care about that and why should you), you could ring them up again and just keep badgering them, it may work, but probably not, however you can complain to COMREG the communications regulator about how you are being dealt with and trust me on this I used to work for NTL, when COMREG gets on to them on behalf of a customer all sorts of red flags used to go up, managers became involved etc..

Also when you are on to NTL next ask them about crediting back some of the money they have billed you for the service they are not providing, they do have the facility to do this particularly if the said customer appears to be particularly irate. Hope this helps.

SM

Very valuable piece of information, thank you!
    Will wait until tonight, and see if it's working. If not, I'll ring again. I can do a very good 'irate customer' impression as well (thank God for Eircom and their crappy service, and the lessons learned from dealing with them...;-))

I fully understand that it makes sense to 'pool' complaints, but the fact is that they already send a techie out, so obviously there's a fault, so they should get going and fix it...

Cheers for the info, will let you know how I get on ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This happened me. I rang back the next day and was told no one else had rung in. My digital TV was gone. I asked to be put through to a manager who tried to fob me off and told me to go knock on my neighbours doors in my apartment block (as if!) to get them to call in. When I went nuts at her she soon changed her tune. It took about another 2 days for an engineer to come out, and it turned out some other engineer had disconnected me in the NTL manhole outside!

I complained again and got 2 months free digital TV. And the engineer who was out told me I would definitely be able to get NTL broadband - contrary to what their call centre monkeys told me.

• Advertisement

hm...reliable sources just told me about a sighting of an NTL van in our neighbourhood - maybe some more people have called in in the meantime...

God, I love the suspense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

galah wrote:
    hm...reliable sources just told me about a sighting of an NTL van in our neighbourhood - maybe some more people have called in in the meantime...

God, I love the suspense...

I sometimes think those guys just drive around an area but don't actually do anything, except stop people ringing in because they think the problems being worked on :D

Do the complaining thing anyway and get some money off the bill

SM

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

I sometimes think those guys just drive around an area but don't actually do anything,

SM

true, they always seem to be driving around doing nothing

*aaargh*

Rang up yesterday, complained, was told that a fault was reported for the entire Galway area, and was reassured that the broadband and the digital will be working in the morning, since a technician had already been dispatched...

Well, what do you know? It's NOT working. So I'll ring again. Tonight. And every night until they get it fixed...Bloody hell, this is annoying...

Could they not post this kind of stuff on their website? Like faults for areas, and the time expected to get it fixed? Or any old information relating to their systems? Would save those poor call center agents a lot of headaches, I'm sure...

Advertisement