Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers in Cork

Options
  • 14-02-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Well, don't ring Fab Flowers, not only were they rude, but they have no roses, and won't deliver. After ringing 2 or three florists, I got through to Cork Florists on Winthrop Street. They couldn't have been more helpful, and had everything taken care of in a few minutes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've always dealt with Elegance on the Douglas Road, they're expensive but very nice and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jusy like yerself, eh Adam? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I've been dealing with Fab Flowers for years now and have always found them very helpful, very courteous and the flowers sent out were beautiful! (But if you were trying to organise Val's Day Roses on Val's Day - i.e. one of the busiest of the year - I wouldn't be surprised if they'd run out of roses).

There's also a new florist on Cook Street, I popped in from work on Monday to get a bouquet - it was a beautiful arrangement and the girl working there was really lovely, very helpful, very funny.

(Anyway - hope whoever gets the roses appreciates them!!!) J

Judes wrote:
    I've been dealing with Fab Flowers for years now and have always found them very helpful, very courteous and the flowers sent out were beautiful! (But if you were trying to organise Val's Day Roses on Val's Day - i.e. one of the busiest of the year - I wouldn't be surprised if they'd run out of roses).

Run out of roses at 9am? And no delivery in the city centre, along with an extremely rude attitude? Piss poor attempt at running a business I'd say.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ned78 wrote:
    Run out of roses at 9am? And no delivery in the city centre, along with an extremely rude attitude? Piss poor attempt at running a business I'd say.

9am on Valentine's Day is not the same as 9am any other day though, and I can't imagine you're the only person to have turned up at what amounts to the last minute so I can understand, though not justify, tempers being a bit frazzled. No delivery in the city centre is a bit odd though...

Fortuitously, my plans for today involve a couple of dvds, pizza and possibly a couple of beers. I'm living the dream! (And given the weather in our fine country, I'm living a wet dream, hohoho*)

* = Line stolen from someone funnier than myself without permission**
    ** = No adam, not you

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    Jusy like yerself, eh Adam? :D
    Expensive yes, but nice? Efficient? I think you may have me confused with someone else. :)

Don't worry lads. Steak and BJ day is coming up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

As a matter of interest, how much does a dozen roses set you back on Valentines day? I'm sure you can buy an awful lot of steak.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They were probably just busy/sold out. I saw their van delivering a bunch of roses to reception here anyway.

I think it cost me a ton last year, twice the normal price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement