Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

high waisted pants

• 14-02-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering what people thought of these high wasted trousers that seem to be all the rage these days? do people thing they are hideous or do they look good if they suit you? personally i think they look really stupid. any views? would you wear them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Trousers should not go above the belly button imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I think they look very cool, and chic. Having said that I've only seen them worn by models and celebrities - I haven't noticed any normal people wearing them yet! Who knows what they will look like on those trend-obsessed people who wear leggings so badly!
    Certainly better than the extreme hipster trousers though you have to admit, which so many women insist on wearing even though they clearly don't suit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i agree that yes the extreme flare does not look good unless youre shaped like stick and wear platform shoes and a layered top imo. as for the high waisted thing saw a few people walking around cork last week who are not shaped like a stick of celery.and i do not think it looks good. worst thing i hate is large ladies squeezed into drain pipies a lot of 'camel toe' which is not hard to ignore unfortunely. shudder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

My wife is looking for them anyone know where they are for sale :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

I like them. I've managed to get my hands on a few second hand pairs over the years and theink they're pretty cool. Also very happy that flares are available once more - not a huge fan of the skinny jeans myself as they're very hard to wear. Flares are slightly more forgiving.
    Carpenter wrote:
    My wife is looking for them anyone know where they are for sale :D
    Topshop have them. Although some of their stores seems to have only 32" legs for some reason which is pants (excuse the pun) because I've got longer legs than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Simon Cowell will be in fashion so! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

knacker

Low rise all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

catspring wrote:
    I Also very happy that flares are available once more - not a huge fan of the skinny jeans myself as they're very hard to wear. Flares are slightly more forgiving.

totally skinny jeans are made for russel brand and kate moss no one else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Better than someones arse sticking out in low rise trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Nah high waisted wouldnt do it for me at all. A nice inbetween never goes out of fashion though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement