Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New CorK City Library

Options
  • 14-02-2007 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Frinailla Developments are to build a new City Library on Grand Parade in excahnge for the remainder of the Library site. It will be state of the art and double the size of the current libary. What do people think?

See and image of the proposed development here:
    http://www.frinailla.ie/News.Aspx?NewsID=5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Looks good.
    How much land exactly are Frinailla getting in exchange?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds like it could be good and it'd be nice to see the library given a bit of a revamp. That said, the gammy photoshop job they've done with the picture of what the new Library will look like tells me that it'll probably remain a hideous building. Which is a shame. Though if it's a bigger and better library I think we can all live with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I remember reading about this a while back when the idea was first mooted. The city library has a huge amount of space, which really isn't utilised to it's full potential. A new modern library at the cost of extra space isn't a bad trade, or so I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

At least Hillbilly's appears to be unaffected in the artist's impression image :)

Advertisement