Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do the 360 launch boxes have an indefinate warranty?

• 14-02-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

There's a few niggly things with my 360. Loud DVD drive, failure to turn off fully, occasional freezing.

I bought the console at Christmas 2005 so it is over 1 year old. Will MS still repair it for free. I'm not interested in paying for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

no they won't if it's over 12 months , mine died at 14 months and it will cost €128 to repair and you don't even get your own one back you get another persons refurb.

no harm in giving them a call and chancing your arm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bah! i'll hang onto it so.

Might mod it since the warranty is up.

I was sure i had heard something about indefinate warranty limit on the launch boxes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

quarryman wrote:
    bah! i'll hang onto it so.

Might mod it since the warranty is up.

I was sure i had heard something about indefinate warranty limit on the launch boxes...

That was indeed said somewhere by Microsoft but it may only apply to america. You're right though, it HAS been mentioned at some stage that they would repair all faulty first run production 360's for free. See if you can find where it was mentioned and use it as reference if you ring up customer support. If they dont accept it then you'd be as well to just flash the console

they did say they would comp the repair of launch 360's but are not standing buy it . i put a link up in a post i made on the xbox forums and it has a link to the article from ign : http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/734/734126p1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ok so they did say it.

And what did customer care say to you?

• Advertisement

yes they did say it and i'm looking for but can't find the video of major nelson interviewing peter moore , as peter moore says they will "comp" 360 repairs for consoles with a manufacture date prior to 01/01/2006.

ms support say they know nothing about it and where only intrested in getting a credit card number for the repair fee .

Advertisement