Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Star Wars game

Options
  • 14-02-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Just read this article on GameSpot about the next StarWars game coming from LucasArts. In it, you'll play as Darth Vaders apprentice and it's set between episodes 3 and 4.

A video of a tech demo was leaked a while ago and many are assuming (probably incorrectly) that this is the game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

Wow, that looks cool. Psi Ops meets Star Wars.

Dammit, I thought for a second it might be a Wii game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ghey, no PC, extreme gheyness, which is ridiculous because by the time it's out the PC technology will be ahead of both the PS3 and the 360! Rage! :mad:

That pre vis video was on gametrailers months ago, it seems now they've added more info:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3067

God I hate Youtube, crappy quality and any turd can voice his retarded opinion under the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

meh, if it wasn't for you tube we would probably have to wait 30min for it download form fileplanet or somewhere.
    its a quick and easy video streaming site.

But obviously not the place to look for good quality videos, just used to get a preview of a video while your waiting for it to be downloaded.

This could be really good, I also heard Lucas was involved in it also to make it tie in better.

I can't wait for KOTOR3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

brav wrote:

Is there actually going to be a KOTOR 3, or is it just a rumour?

Tharrr be a website:
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed

Some of the concept images look pretty sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

If this plays like it looks it could be a whole lot of fun.

humanji wrote:
    Is there actually going to be a KOTOR 3, or is it just a rumour?

Rumour, they are making mass effect now(just about finished) and said they are working on another title which will prob be a mmorg or whatever then after that hopefully we will have it :)

mass effect looks good though

Just for anyone who cares, there's some more stuff on this game on Gamespot. If you scroll down all the dumb user created videos, you'll find two tech demos showing some pretty cool effects (ie how wood splinters and how you can have a whole lot of fun throwing stormtroopers at wooden beams :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah funnily enough I was just looking at those tech demos yesterday....loved the way the STs will try and hang onto each other to save themselves....game engines that work like this are gonna improve the reality of games so much rather than the set piece animations we've been used to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

this game looks UNREAL!!! hard to believe it'll be out for ps2! i thought it was gonna be for ps3! im happy though cause i dnt have a ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

that's gonna be on the ps2?

I wouldn't have thought that sort of 'on the fly' logic and physics is possible on the ps2, + the rendering? if they pull that off on the ps2 with any sort of decent frame rate then fair props to em.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I was about to ask why Darth Vader's apprentice would be beating the crap out of Stormtroopers and blowing up TIE Fighters, but I guess the "secret apprentice" bit in the site blurb explains that.

Shame it's not coming out for the Wii as that machine is crying out for a well implemented SW game (lightsabre and force grip/throw/push goodness), and graphically that looks good - but Lucasarts' productions are always very hit and miss.

But they're long over due a hit!

flogen wrote:
    I was about to ask why Darth Vader's apprentice would be beating the crap out of Stormtroopers and blowing up TIE Fighters, but I guess the "secret apprentice" bit in the site blurb explains that.
    It's also because that video that everybody thinks is the trailer was out last July as a pre-vis only, before the Force Unleashed title, it's pre rendered and the game probably won't look like that (probably, but who knows what they've accomplished in the months since). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Its coming out for ps3,ps2 and xbox360 :P to bad no pc

It's prejudice I tells ya! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's piracy problems I tell ya :p

... that or they just want to use controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Have seen a bunch of videos for this, looks brillliant, been waiting for a game like this since Jedi Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

brav wrote:

ah,yes,i guess most of the viewers of this thread have this same thought:D

can't wait for KoToR3!!

seraphimvc wrote:
    ah,yes,i guess most of the viewers of this thread have this same thought:D

can't wait for KoToR3!!

Mass effect should be a nice game to keep us going till then.
    KOTOR3 and Fable 2 are games I can not wait for

• Advertisement
Advertisement