Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Txt message - FUNNY VALENTINE VIDEO

• 14-02-2007 1:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got a txt "MY FUNNY VALENTINE VIDEO" from some wap site.
    Anyone know what it may be?

Sender and subject is MY FUNNY VALENTINE VIDEO
    And it looks like a link to a wap site
    wap.mobpart.co.uk

Voda cust service dont seem to know much about it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Opera's browser can display wap pages (firefox might do this as well) so just paste the link in to a browser and see what happens. Will save you on gprs costs from the phone.

P.S. When I enter that url ("wap.mobpart.co.uk") into opera I get a page saying "invalid pin number"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Opened it in firefox as a text file. Includes the T&C.
    This is not a subscription service.
    All content purchased on this site is charged at �4.50 per item billed as 3 chargeable text messages costing �1.50 per message
    Check handset compatibility before ordering and ensure your handset is WAP compatible and that you have WAP service enabled.
    Please ask the bill payer�s permission before placing an order. You must be 16 years of age or older to use this service.
    For customer support please contact support@mobsi.com or call 08718720008 G69 6GA

Sounds like spam, just ignore it.

Its definitely spam, but I would be interested to see what the video is (tho using a browser and not through your phone of course)!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers Mark

Must be spam all right. and i'm not opening it on my phone :eek:
    Wonder where they got my number??...

Here is the full address:

[url]http://wap.mobpart.co.uk
    I am not responsible for what this link may display :p[/url]

It eventually links to this video:

http://wap.mms3.com/data_d/sis/cfdfa09e2010170.3gp

Which is definitely not worth watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I got it too. But as a general rule, any text that has a hidden number or just downright strange is always best ignored.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

:o Oops - looks like I shouldn't have posted that full link, someone must have clicked on it and I got a nice txt saying You can now download your content cost €2 three times:mad:

Advertisement