Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

Options
  • 14-02-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are looking at a newly built house on Monaghan. Its 500k but is only a shell (no kitchen, bathrooms, floors etc).
    I can get a 100% professional mortgage from Ulster Bank but does anyone know if i can borrow above the cost of the house to include the cost of the kitchen etc.

I.e. house 500k
    kitchen, bathroom etc 50k

Mortgage 550k

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

Why don't you buy a less expensive detatched house in Monaghan for 300,000. Borrow 50,000 to do green things such as solar panels, wind turbine, extra insulation, wood pellet boiler.
    Might be able to get 50,000 extra in the mortgage for low interest loan for green work.
    Government grants will lower your costs of installing panels and turbine.

So for 350,000 you have a house which has a far smaller mortgage, and a lower running costs. You obviously earn pretty good money, so on the First Active offset mortgage you could use your good wages to lower your repayment costs and pay off mortage earlier. Check out their website, I was pretty impressed with repayments capability of a decent wage.

Orginal question, yes I have heard of banks giving mortgages with money for kitchen and fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

half a mill seems *very* expensive for a shell of a house on the stony Grey soil :)

Advertisement