Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Running Nissan diesel on biofuel?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I'm wondering does anyone know if i can run a Nissan non turbo diesel engine on Plant oil. or PPO as it's referred to? The engine is a vanette/ cabstar type 4 cylinder unit which is now in an Opel Rekord.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Check what type of injector pump is fitted. If it's a lucas, the conventional wisdom is just don't do it because the tolerances are too fine and the oil is too thick to get in and lubricate the moving parts, though some people have sucessfully modified them creating chanels for the PPO to get in and lubricate. If it's a bosch inline you're laughing, these are the best for PPO, if its a bosch rotary or distributor type, it's possibly ok, but I'd be hesitant if it has electronic control. Your safest bet would be a two tank system where you start off on diesel and using coolant to heat PPO in the fuel lines and fuel tank and switch over when it's hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

This old engine is a fairly rudimentary old yoke, made in the early 80s, it's from a light truck or a nissan vanette, spec is same for both, so it doesnt have any fancy electronics or anythin on it. At this stage it doesnt make economic sense to do it if i've to run some two tank syatem because the yoke only cost 400 euro and the state the body's in doesnt justify doing that sort of work.

Anyone know what typr od fuel pump is on a early to mid 80s nissan vanette diesel engine?

Anyone know what typr od fuel pump is on a early to mid 80s nissan vanette diesel engine?

If you follow the fuel lines back from the injectors you'll find the injector pump, it will most likely be bolted onto one end of the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

i know where it is like, i can see it but it doesnt say anythin on it to indicate which type it is... Must look further into it should probably do soe research on these engines, i know petrol fords and opels, not nissan diesels

It could be nippon denso or something like that which I believe is a bosch pump made under license. Is there any identification mark at all on it? Are the fuel pipes coming off the pump arranged around an axis, kind of like the leads coming off a distributor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement