Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saw this Nugget and hads to post:

• 14-02-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

courtesy of :
    http://www.itv-f1.com/PhilipsFanZoneGravelTrap.aspx
    THE GRAVEL TRAP
    41218_2.jpg

"Logic – Webber style

Never one to have a moan – OK, well maybe a little one from time to time – Red Bull Racing’s Mark Webber has denounced his previous employers, Williams, as being nothing more than a Toyota ‘B’ team.

Without a hint of irony, Mark misses the point that by following that logic, he drives for Renault’s ‘B’ team and that Red Bull sister outfit Scuderia Toro Rosso is in fact a Ferrari ‘C’ team, with a car believed by Toyota’s ‘B’ team and Ferrari’s ‘C’ team to be a copy of the Renault ‘B’ team’s design…

Still with us? Thought not…"

He does complain an awful lot though...... but hes just made himself look like an idiot and RBR look idiotic also.... all before the season has even started!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Still, so far, renault a team much better than toyota a team, so marks move from toyota b team, formerly cosworth a team to renault b team does makes sense.... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

I think it was just the Hypocrisy of Mark bitching about williams being a B-team for having a TOyota engine now..... its a shame he doesnt look under the bonnet of the Red Bull.....

Had alot of respect for Weber before... but its fizzing out..... turning into an Irvine without the charisma....

The best thing he's done in Formula 1 so far was crashing at that brazil race (2004 i think) in his jaguar that ended up having Alonso hitting one of his wheel tethers and slamming him into the barrier at about 160 mph....... Alonso first major smash up i'd say (stand to correction though)... something like that brings a driver out of their shell getting their first smash up over with.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well i had much more time for irvine at jaguar than mark webber, so wouldn't compare them, irvine had their two podium finishes plus a couple of forth and fifth place finishes. Webber never finished higher than sixth with the team and while he qualified well a few times and brought the car home, for me he was disapointing. Somebody like Irvine justified being in a top car like the Ferrari, for me I would be disappointed to see Webber get a top drive given his past results.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Apparently according to the Autosport mag, Weber has only a 1 year contract with RBR, Fisi has only got a 1 year contract... and since Flav is Webers manager....... chances are, he probably will... unless that Piquet kid shines through testing etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I actually have a lot of time for Webber, he's a good team driver, for Williams he had a LOT of bad luck, and I have never seen him once blame the car or engineers for DNFs... definitely frustrated at Williams, but unlike Button at Honda knew to keep his mouth shut, every post-incident interview I expected him to blow his fuse, but never did.

Past results don't really say anything, as the Williams has been an absolute dog for the past few years, and he's still beaten both heidfeld and rosberg in terms of championship points... and was he actually Irvines team-mate at Jag? was webber not in minardi then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement