Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone sat Geography?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has had the higher geography paper? Any tips appreciated. Have it tomorrow by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wizard13

There are a couple of companies that put these papers together so getting tips might not be a good thing if you end up getting a completely different paper, better to just study well and not let yourself get put on the completely wrong track. Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I know your right but I just need some general direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mine was DEB, Short questions- weather map thing, satellite photos, glacial features etc.

Core- plate tectonics, river processes and rock cycle. Regional- em, relationship between primary and secondary sector in a subcontintal region...I can't remember! EU came up too. And fisheries.

Human processes- Photo and map of carrick on shannon, sketch map..other q had historical settlements. Map of dublin somewhere in that section- expansion.

Culture- two aspects of ethnicity- I did religion and language.

Thanks a million thats brill

By the way if anyone has even the foggiest clue what the geoecology option questions were are even what they were like that would be a lifesaver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

As with the Geography course ... its so god damn broad that you could go in covering 1/3 of the course and your option and get a B1 ...

But with that will come strict marking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Em, apparently with mine there's a "twist in the biome question", but mine's not for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Just look at everything...hhaaa.Its not too bad..well mine wasnt, the choice is good

Anyone know if I need to know how to draw maps of a region ie bmw, mezzogiorno or stuff lkie that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 miabella

i did a ques where you had to draw a map of ireland..which was sweet cos there was one in the short questions! you had to mark out two contrastind regions and an urban centre i think.and how one would travel between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mackleton wrote:
    Anyone know if I need to know how to draw maps of a region ie bmw, mezzogiorno or stuff lkie that?

You're not asked. But it would help with the SRPs, we were told. I even did a diagram of a hydroelectric dam for human interaction. There's one in Leixlip!! Sweet. It's great when in Junior Cert there'd be questions about Intel. Lol.

Advertisement