Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League 2007 - Week 3

• 14-02-2007 4:24pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Terry Jenkins V Phil Taylor
    On the face of it Taylor has been struggling as of late. He has failed to win his opening two Premier League matches and only won 2 out of four matches at the Masters of Darts which means he can no longer qualify. Amazingly though his tournament average at the Masters of Darts is over 100. He has been throwing very well and losing. He beat Jelle Klaasen in a tight match last night and he showed signs that he is coming back to his best form. Jenkins is a tough man to beat and again will average around 95 but this time I dont think it will be enough.

Verdict: Phil Taylor to win.

Raymond Van Barneveld V Peter Manley

Manley has been playing very poor in the Premier League as he only averaged 80 in his last match but he was won every game he ha splayed at the Masters of Darts, including beating Barney. Manley looks on good form but Barney has also upped his game big time as he beat Phil Taylor and Wayne Mardle 3-0 in his last two Masters of Darts matches. It will be closer than alot of people but the class of the dutchman will win through.

Verdict: Barney to win and to score more 180's

Adrian Lewis V Colin Lloyd

Lloyd has had a shocking Premier League so far but finally he is back on form after some brilliant MAsters of Darts performances. He has averaged 105 in his last two matches and also hit 11 180's in thos etwo matches which were 5 sets long. He has been on top form and finally looks like the Lloyd we all know. Lewis has also been on brilliant form in the Premier League. He destroyed Manley in the last round although he failed to hit a singel 180. this will be a close match but if Lloyd can continue his brilliant form then he will win it.

Verdict: Lloyd to win and to score more 180's.

Roland Scholten V Dennis Priestley

Scholten has been struggling of late. he lost his last Premier League match and has lost all of his Masters of Darts matches so far. He is struggling for him and is even struggling on his scoring which his the best part of his game. Dennis Priestley on the other hand is flying at the minute. He won his first match of the Premier League and drew his next against Taylor. He also won the Uk Open tournament at the weekend beating James Wade in the final. I think its very hard to back against Priestley.

Verdict: Priestley to win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

[QUOTE=Kingp35
    Adrian Lewis V Colin Lloyd

Lewis has also been on brilliant form in the Premier League. He destroyed Manley in the last round although he failed to hit a singel 180.

Verdict: Lloyd to win and to score more 180's.

[/QUOTE]
    I didnt see Lewis v Manley. But I heard that Lewis deliberately didnt throw any 180s. He hit T20 T20 on numberous occassions and then just threw away the final dart - the intention being to show Manley how easy he was beating him, in revenge for the World Championship clash 13/14 months ago.

I didnt see it, so don't know if thats true, but just mentioning it as a warning re anyone doing the most 180s bet. Lewis is usually a prolific 180 getter - as is Lloyd when on song - so I couldnt call it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didnt see Lewis v Manley. But I heard that Lewis deliberately didnt throw any 180s. He hit T20 T20 on numberous occassions and then just threw away the final dart - the intention being to show Manley how easy he was beating him, in revenge for the World Championship clash 13/14 months ago.

I didnt see it, so don't know if thats true, but just mentioning it as a warning re anyone doing the most 180s bet. Lewis is usually a prolific 180 getter - as is Lloyd when on song - so I couldnt call it!

Yeah he was doing that. I had a bet on him to score more 180's because with Lewis actually playing properly it was an absolute given. He threw away the last dart about 5 times. It never occured to me why he was doing but now after you saying it, it makes perfect sense :mad:

I have Lloyd down to score more 180's because he has been scoring loads of them in the Masters of Darts. He seems to have found his range again in the last few days. Maybe playing competitive matches everyday for the last week has helped his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Terry Jenkins 6 Phil Taylor 8
    Raymond Van Barneveld 7 Peter Manley 7
    Adrian Lewis 8 Colin Lloyd 5
    Roland Scholten 3 Dennis Priestley 8

Have to say was impressed by Lewis last night he is proving he is worthy of his place in the league, some win by Dennis also.
    Reports here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Was a good night of Darts. Taylor was off his game again last night and was there for the taking but Jenkins put in the worst performance I have seen from him in a while. If he had played his usual game he would have beaten Taylor. You could see how fired up Taylor was though to get his first win. He seems determined to improve his game and you have to respect him for that.

Manley has been playing some terrific stuff lately. He has won all 5 game in the masters of Darts and really should have beaten Barney last night. fair play to Barney for coming back but Manley is in the form of his life and if he can keep this up he can qualify from this league.

Lewis looked very good again against Lloyd. He seems to be doing better now in the latter stages of games whereas before he is bottling it at the finish line. I think the split from Taylor has helped him because the pressure of being Taylors protege is no longer their. Lloyd was disappointing again and is really struggling. I thought he was back to his best after some brilliant performances earlier in the week but again he got off to a poor start. On this form he will really struggle in the League.

Dennis Priestley is playing some great stuff at the moment. He totally outplayed Scholten last night and but for a minor blip could easily have won 8-0. His finishing is his strong point and he is very consistant at hitting the 100's. You have to respect the mans determination to stay at the top of the game for as long as possible. You can see that he is loving his darts and why not when you are sitting top of the league. He has put himself in a great position to qualify and I hope he does it now.

Advertisement