Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Thread Priority

Options
  • 14-02-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone able to explain to me how to give an Applet permission to changes a Threads priority using setPriority(int Priority) (or any other method for that matter!)? I try changing it but it stays at priority = 4 regardless.

I am using signed applets for this so I thought this would bypass all security permissions but obiously not.

Hope someone can answer this.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 robydrupo

It could be prohibited by security measure... look at http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=692396&messageID=4026339

Anyway, even if you can change the priority of a thread, you can't be sure for the execution order of the threads, because the JVM still decide that.

(sorry for my bad english)
    robi

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Thanks for the reply. I've since sorted it out without having to change thread priorities but I'd still be interested to find out what you have to do to allow an Applet to change a Threads priority if anyone can answer it.

Advertisement