Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slow Puncture

Options
  • 14-02-2007 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Woke up to a flat tyre yesterday :(
    It seems to vary in how quickly it deflates, but it's gone down by 10 psi in about 4 hours at some stage yesterday.

Can these kind of punctures be repaired easily or would it just be best to get new tyres alltogether? They're pretty worn anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

€10-12 at your local tyre place should fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Depends on where the puncture is exactly. If it's too close to the edge of the tyre they won't repair it. 10psi in 4 hours sounds a bit faster than what I'd call a slow puncture anyway, and might be too big to easily fix with a puncture repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

If the tyres are worn you'd be best off replacing them because even if you do get the puncture fixed, it's still not going to be safe as the repair can fail, and may start letting out air again anyway if you hit a bump hard and dislodge the bit of rubber they use to plug the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can get a tube fitted to a tubeless tyre.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Meh, I think I'll just get new tyres then. I don't know how old these ones are (got the car in October) and they're two different ones on the front (got new rear tyres last year after an NCT warning) so they're probably second-hand anyway.

So, any recommendations for some tyres? They're 155/75 R13 - nothing special. I'm a student so can't afford the really good stuff, but don't want to get some dodgy Chinese crap either :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

€8.50 for a new tube in Global last week.

Advertisement