Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Residential Tenancies Board

Options
  • 14-02-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I was at an adjudication of the PRTB yesterday. It was concerning a dispute with a former landlord. He deducted 360 from our deposit to pay for carpet cleaning. We believed that cost should have been covered by him as we didn't cause the stains on the carpet which were already there when we moved in.
    Anyway the landlord showed up with his solicitor and two property letting agents from the agency he had used to let the apartment to us. We argued it out for an hour and the adjudicator said that he will make his report within 2 weeks.
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with the PRTB and what the issues and results were. And also whether it's normal for the landlord to show up with a legion of bodyguards!!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't have any experiences and I'd love to hear more.

It's never a good idea to show up to something like this all on your own. Still, it is going to have cost him a lot of money to have all those guys there for the afternoon. For the sake of 360 euros, I don't know why he bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

We contacted Threshold before the hearing to check our rights etc. They said that it was highly unusual for a landlord to have legal representation at this early stage of the process. So we assumed it would all be fairly casual. Just as well we were prepared and dressed in suits....would have been very embarrassing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Typical (all?) decisions are available on www.prtb.ie

Advertisement