Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Sullivan to retire in April

Options
  • 14-02-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

This from Ireland.com

Sonia O'Sullivan, arguably Ireland's greatest ever athlete, today announced that she will hang up her spikes for good after one final race in this year's Great BUPA Ireland Run in April.

It will be an emotional final competitive race for the 37-year-old who enjoyed many highs and certain lows during a glittering career which has spanned almost two decades.

"The Great BUPA Ireland Run is my favourite event and I want my competitive career here to end on a high note in this fantastic race with thousands of participants," said the Cobh runner ahead of the race which takes place in Dublin on April 15th.

ireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Good bye, Sonia and thanks for all the great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

There's been a further report tonight on TV3 sports programme that Sonia has denied the retirement story. She intends running the Cork City Sports and the trials later in the year to make the Irish cross country team for the European championships. (Confusion may be because apparently she said the Bupa run would be her last road race in Ireland.)

Advertisement