Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry, Biology, Maths mocks

Options
  • 14-02-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Please!!!!!!! i need hints 4 chem bio an maths!!!!!!! think my papers will be DEB but not sure. Any hints would be appreciated especially to do wit experiments!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

i dont know what paper i got, but we got experiment on immobilised enzyme. questions on female reprod, ecology, cant remember the rest it was so hard. oh yeah germination was one of d experiments and IAA exp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 asdfghjkl!

Just to warn you that there are a couple of biology papers? i tried to find up what was coming up on mine here and i ended up learning stuff that didn't even come up in MY paper!

I got the paper with stuff on immobilised enzymes too by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

heya, don't want to be too harsh on ya, but if you (or anyone else for that matter) is creating a mock tips thread, can it please be kept to one subject per thread for the following reasons;
    1) the mock threads are cluttering up the forum (im not against them, hell im vehemently for them if anything)

2)The thread gets very disjointed whent there are three subjects involved

3)You'll get people coming in here having a go at you (it'll do you no good in june etc etc)

I'm not having a go at you here, its just that if it was kept to one subject per thread (i.e. 1 Irish Thread, 1 Chemistry thread etc.

Anyway i don't have my mocks for 2 weeks, but i know that the ammonia iron sulfate exp was a question in one of the chem mock papers

Good luck with your mocks BTW ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lc_88

Understand what ur sayin thanks 4 the tip though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Had Biology today. DEB tbh, but you'd need hints or something to fit this into.

Short questions- nutrition, skin, breathing, dna structure...forget the others.
    Experiments- Osmosis, temperature enzyme..and the pond weed photosynthesis one.
    Long questions- ecology, rhizopus, male reproductive system, respiration, alcohol etc, auxin and other plant growth regulators, hormones and nerves, seeds and flower stuff..carbohydrate stuff.

Was alright, think I got a C..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Had Chemistry and Maths Paper 1 today. Both DEB for certain.

Chemistry:
    Water of Crystalisation Titration - A bit tricky
    Soap Experiment - couldn't believe it came up after coming up in 2006
    Heat of Neutralisation Experiment

Short questions were easy
    Le Chatelier's Principle was tricky
    Rates of Reaction you can basically get 50 marks on - what is a catalyst, basic questions on a catalytic convertor in a car, what is rate of reaction, describe 2 experiments to show how particle size and conc. change the rate of a reaction.

Crappy question on Physical Chemistry - Basic Periodic Table - Doberiner and Mendeleev. Rest of the question is on electronegativity and trends and bonding as a result of...

Easy pH question, part b was water - basic junior cert knowledge will do ya

Organic Theory was a disaster - know the addition of HCl to what i think was propene

Q10 was on the mole, what is a mole, 19mk calculation on limiting reactants
    Gases also in there, ideal gases all about that and a calculation

Q11 is on oxidation and radioactivity and the option

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

hey how do u know if ur paper is DEB or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well you don't. It's not going to say. But if you're given hints then you come on here and they tie in with the DEB spoilers..that's your paper. Or if the teacher actually tells you I suppose. They are by far the most common papers, and all over the country too. I've had all of my exams apart from Maths paper 2 and everything has been DEB except for french. I didn't get spoilers for everything though...

Heard there is a paper with preparation of ethanoic acid an the titration of iron with potassium permangante on as the experiments. has any1 done this 1? wat was it like wat were the long Qs like?

Heard there is a paper with preparation of ethanoic acid an the titration of iron with potassium permangante on as the experiments. has any1 done this 1? wat was it like wat were the long Qs like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

ya thats the one i think im gettin tomorrow.. hints would be much appreciated

any hints on the ethanoic acid paper would be appreciated 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

ya just did dat paper today, long question on chemical equilib and water and acids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

The one with KMnO4 and FAS, rates of reactions and ethanoic acid experiments is examcraft....DEB has da soap and da others expermnts innocenteyesuk sed up dar^^

Did any1 get any other paper other than the examcraft or DEB? is there 2 DEBs????

Advertisement