Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good Irish web design firm

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

daveym wrote:
    says you? they are both well respected design firms

Resonate? Never heard of them. Their work isn't professional enough, with no regard for Web standards. If they're respected, they shouldn't be.
    daveym wrote:
    the fact you think ebow is a print company shows you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't know much about eBow - I just thought they were originally a print company. I take it their main line of business is Web then? Fair enough. Their stuff's not too bad.

Oh... and I do know what I'm talking about sweetheart ;) If you want me to categorically start picking holes in the work of some of the most 'well respected' agencies, I'm more than happy to do so. Reputation and competence are very different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

maybe laslo's thinking of ebrook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

jesus http://www.adnet.ie/ dosent format at all on firefox

What a shambles!

How do sites like this getting publisher (walmart in the states was the same rubbish)

34% of browsers are firefox

I'm finding about 11-12% firefox usage on my sites although this is still high enough to make sure it works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

i wasnt trying to shame anybody

I was just in shock that a firm that designs website (professionally) has a home page that dosent format in Firefox - seems unbeliveable to me (and ive only designed a few web pages but i always dual check, infact i have a stand alone internet explorer 5.5 and i check of that as well)

Usually a design firms own work is the last to be updated. Thats if they are busy with paying client work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Vicky

We are a bit like painters. Your house is always last to be painted.

Look at our new site http://www.pixel.ie :D:D

Very little on it.

No time to get to it. The other problem is it is pretty hard to design for yourself. I have made a few designs for PIXEL.IE. Guess what. None I really like enough to put up. I like them at the time I am designing them. Then for some reason. I start to hate them.

Right now it is on the back burner. hmmmmm.

One of these days....

For now I will stay working under my old name..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm finding about 11-12% firefox usage on my sites although this is still high enough to make sure it works

That's around the same figure I get on my sites (Google analytics is the business!).

Vicky & Figment - couldn't agree more. I just give out links to sites we have done, rather than direct people to ours. We have a design planned, and all that, but we are just too busy to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Vicky wrote:
    We are a bit like painters. Your house is always last to be painted.

Look at our new site http://www.pixel.ie :D:D

Very little on it.

It's a great domain name though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Vicky

Thanks Blacknight. :D

Advertisement