Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyway to squeeze it into 500euro?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

a special offer on AnkermannPC,i changed few specs.wishing to build a complete desktop(monitor+CPU) in around 700-800euro

hope you guys take a look and help me out:)
    thanks in advance.

will mostly use it for online/music/slightly gaming and photoshop/painter/maya(yes,heavy work there,an arkwork may takes more than 10hrs nonstop).
    and wish this PC will still looking good after 3yrs(so i will just need to get an extra 1/2Gb ram for it in the future if needed)

- AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ So.AM2 Dual Core 'Windsor'
    - So.AM2 GigaByte M55S-S3 (P/S/GBL/R/SATAII/F
    - PCI-e 256MB ATI RADEON X1300 TV-out & DVI (i wont bother to get the PRO version,but the price seems abit high there ,may buy a better after 1/2 yr if needed)
    - 250GB Samsung SATA-II Hard Drive
    - 1024 MB DDR-II RAM 533MHz
    - LG H12N Multiformat Dual Layer 18x +&- DVD-RW
    - GMac case - Black
    - Arctic So.AM2 Cooler
    - 425W MaxSilent MS4 2xSata 20/24Pin 12cm PCI-X

cost:542.70 (+ 40shipping cost which i wont bother)

looking for a 19'' LCD,so far i have seen the cheapest but looks ok
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/6VC9TIXhGRDOV_/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=7286&agid=292

cost 211(shipping cost:20)

Overall cost:755 (+60) = 815

so,i assume i cant cut out the price of the monitor(of course any suggestion on the monitor will be welcomed as well :D),i can only cut down for the CPU build...:rolleyes:

any thought?;)

thanks again/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well to cut the price of the build to below €500
    *Get a smaller HD
    *Get a slower GPU
    *Or get a slower CPU

There is very little room to manoeuvre also not sure how big on colour accuracy you are for your line of work but those displays are 16.2m colours not the full 16.7m as long as you know what your getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

seraphimvc wrote:
    looking for a 19'' LCD,so far i have seen the cheapest but looks ok
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/6VC9TIXhGRDOV_/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=7286&agid=292

cost 211(shipping cost:20)

i have ordered one of these for my build. Cost is 185euro when you include shipping. I was convinced after reading the reviews.

SOP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

8T8 wrote:
    Well to cut the price of the build to below €500
    *Get a smaller HD
    *Get a slower GPU
    *Or get a slower CPU

There is very little room to manoeuvre also not sure how big on colour accuracy you are for your line of work but those displays are 16.2m colours not the full 16.7m as long as you know what your getting.

#Elites wrote:
    lower the cpu to a 4200+, and drop the HD to 180gb or something.

not more you can do really.

The GPU is already mininium as it is..

sadly the size of the HD and CPU are fixed in the offer...:o i actually have 2 external harddisks already(160gb and 400gb:p )

thanks for the notice on the colours:eek: i never pay attention on tat!:eek: looks like all samsung monitors have less colours?

i have ordered one of these for my build. Cost is 185euro when you include shipping. I was convinced after reading the reviews.

SOP

thanks for the opinion:D looks great and considering to get one if i cant find any better deal!(as 8T8 remind that the colours is 16.2m above)

Advertisement