Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Interested in Playing Softball?

• 14-02-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Any of you baseball guys interested in playing softball this Summer? I'm a big baseball (Red Sox) fan, but left hardball behind after Little League (Baseball Ireland Little League that is)... I guess the draw of a Co-Ed sport and drinking was just too much!

My team are looking for new players. Both beginners and experienced since we field two teams - one in the top of the 5 divisions (Marlay Martyrs) and one in the 4th (Marlay Braves). We are based in Marlay Park in Rathfarnham and practice on Sunday afternoons. League games are on Monday or Tuesday night and we also enter a number of weekend tournaments in Dublin, Limerick and the UK. You can get me at conorsayles@hotmail.com. Our website is in my sig.

There are about 40 softball clubs in Dublin, plus one each in Limerick, Galway and Cork and I believe one is starting up in Belfast. If you are interested in playing, but Marlay Park doesn't suit then I can put you in contact with another team or you can check them out yourselves at http://www.softball.ie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Conor_8

Still looking for more newbies if anyone else is interested... Beginners and veterans welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

i'm from cork and am interested in baseball, can u pass on any info??
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Is there one really in Galway. Could you pass me a PM with contact details. Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ninale

Hi! Myself and a friend of mine would be interested in starting softball. We're both from Rathmines area but I'm moving to the west of dublin during the summer so just wondering if there's any women's amateur softball clubs around for us to try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

Castleknock wildcats would be one option. Also there are teams based in santry that play in alsa.
    Check out softball.ie for team contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Any news on Cork teams or anything?

Check out this link for Cork teams
    http://www.munstersoftball.com/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ninale wrote: »
    Hi! Myself and a friend of mine would be interested in starting softball. We're both from Rathmines area but I'm moving to the west of dublin during the summer so just wondering if there's any women's amateur softball clubs around for us to try!!
    try looking under rounders its a ladies game still played in england,first played in 1744,in places like lancashire there are many teams playing,it was taken to america and played by men who calld it base ball

Rounders is an Irish Game, one of the 4 official games of the GAA. Teams exist in most counties, not sure about dublin though as a lot of the girls that play softball with our team are ex rounders players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Rounders is an Irish Game, one of the 4 official games of the GAA. Teams exist in most counties, not sure about dublin though as a lot of the girls that play softball with our team are ex rounders players.
    no you are not having that one,check out--wikepedia/rounders but dont tell the GAA

• Advertisement

I'm not having anything. The rules of rounders as played in Ireland are those of the Irish code as set out by the GAA. As its neither a softball or baseball its not for discussion here in a baseball forum, more applicable to GAA.
    As the girls asked about softball, Castleknock Wildcats are there best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Benbolo

getz wrote: »
    no you are not having that one,check out--wikepedia/rounders but dont tell the GAA
    Sure you can't use Wikipedia as a credible source for anything. I play for the Flyers in Alsaa at the airport, just PM me if you're interested in joining us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 waynecm

I just got in contact with them to try and get myself involved i'm a freakish baseball fan and this would be great to get into... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

HI

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to join a softball team. I am just wondering if you could give me any advice on this, we live in Dublin 7. I have some baseball experience while my girlfriend would be a total beginner. Any advice on this would be great.

Thnaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

HI

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to join a softball team. I am just wondering if you could give me any advice on this, we live in Dublin 7. I have some baseball experience while my girlfriend would be a total beginner. Any advice on this would be great.

Thnaks

Hey, Contact 'Softball Leinster' on Facebook. They are quite responsive and will advise you best, based on your location and standard.

Advertisement