Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyf Issue

• 14-02-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

dublin chick here - how ye all. ok, me and boyfriend going out together few months - getting on grand. just need yere thoughts please. had a nice w'end there last week headed home sunday - he seemed odd. he is complaining about a tummy bug now met him today he asked me to go for lunch. i ask him if he still likes me and he says he does. but why did i do that - and why do i feel sick about the way he is at the moment. he defo isnt in the best of form. he booked a hotel this w'end for us to stay in. hopefully he will b in better spirits. he says he is not down just a tummy bug? wish i was a stronger person to just take it as he says hes feeling sick and not something else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

sounds like he's still into you booking a hotel and all, it's just a tummy bug, knocks the best of us outa sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I know when I am sick, I like to be left alone to get better. My wife knows to let me be and sleep/whatever. I don't want to annoy anyone else with my bad moods when sick. Perhaps that is the case with your boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Take a deep breath (and a large slug of something alcoholic if you need it).You have a weekend to look forward to. Concentrate on getting ready for that and enjoy yourself. LIfe is too short for "what ifs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's hard to be 100% all the time. Sometimes we are down, could be something at work/school or something else.
    Try not to pick at it as you might just get on his nerves. If he gets grumpier over next week or two you should bring it up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If this relationship lasts a few years, you will look back and remember this post and really start to miss the feeling of butterflies and nervousness associated with going out with a new guy. In many ways it can be the most fun time in the relationship when the feeling of security is replaced by a feeling of excited nervous worriedness that keeps ye both interested and adrenaline levels high.
    You are still only learning who he is, and how to react to him. If he says that a stomach bug is causing the trouble, it probably is. In fact he was probably shot in the stomach, but just doesnt want to make a fuss. He is a man after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

It's probably just the bug. If he'd gone off you he wouldn't be booking a romantic break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I dont think you have anything to worry about. It is just a bug and you don't really know him well enough, but in general i would agree with another poster oif i am sick i want to be alone and am definitely offish.
    Relax and enjoy the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh, he's just in his flowers.

Read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and you'll learn that us blokes like to retreat to our caves everynow and then and usually hangup a 'Do not disturb" sign outside. It's nothing to do with your relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

if he's wanting a break u have nothing to worry about but if you keep nagging him he will get pissed off so just enjoy him and make him a get well card with a pis of you on it to show him how brillliant you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

Don't worry much . Be confident and be positive. If I am the guy and I do not like you anymore I will not plan for another weekend and be together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Layla1981 wrote:
    dublin chick here - how ye all. ok, me and boyfriend going out together few months - getting on grand. just need yere thoughts please. had a nice w'end there last week headed home sunday - he seemed odd. he is complaining about a tummy bug now met him today he asked me to go for lunch. i ask him if he still likes me and he says he does. but why did i do that - and why do i feel sick about the way he is at the moment. he defo isnt in the best of form. he booked a hotel this w'end for us to stay in. hopefully he will b in better spirits. he says he is not down just a tummy bug? wish i was a stronger person to just take it as he says hes feeling sick and not something else.

take a deep breath and imagine you are one of us looking at your problem, thats right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't go mental on him. Chill out, kick back, enjoy, and get to know each other better over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i would be very like you in that sense, if my boyfriend is ever quiet, i immediately think he's going to finsh it. but people are just like that, if he says he is sick just take his word for it. He wouldnt be taking you away this weekend if he didnt want to be with you, that would just be stoopid! Enjoy your weekend, and try not to worry yourself into a tissy, as i have often done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

I was in a similar situation myself. My gf was always complaining sick and I felt it was the case she just didn't want sex. It was all I could think about for a year. I wouldn't worry though, just let things slide!

Advertisement