Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cancelling a 3 contract?

• 14-02-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right lads,

recently i renewed my contract over the phone and got a v3xx (upgrade) & a data card as also, however i have since found out i can use the data card sim for voice calls also.
    so the question is can i cancel the 45e month contract with them for 200texts/voice calls? i signed no contract, as it was all done on the phone. they have already billed me for february.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I realise this won't help you, but how much does it cost to make voice calls from the 3data SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I've pointed this out to him already. However it seems the cost of making calls on the SIM is quite small. My first bill has arrived and it's far from huge (I deliberately made calls on it to find this out). I'll have it in my mitts by the latest tomorrow and will report back then.

legs11 wrote:
    right lads,

r
    so the question is can i cancel the 45e month contract with them for 200texts/voice calls? i signed no contract, as it was all done on the phone. they have already billed me for february.....

Have you run this by them (3) yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

no lads,

i havent rung them up yet, wanted some opinion 1st!, dont imagine they would be keen on dropping the contract. what do ye think? it makes no sense to be paying two bills........

In the event that you do keep the data Sim and stick it in a decent phone, have a look at fring.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote:
    right lads,

recently i renewed my contract over the phone and got a v3xx (upgrade) & a data card as also, however i have since found out i can use the data card sim for voice calls also.
    if you can't cancel it you should notice that on the e25 tariff, 200 minutes of calls and 200 texts costs e43 :) point this out to them and they might let you drop

'if you can't cancel it you should notice that on the e25 tariff, 200 minutes of calls and 200 texts costs e43 point this out to them and they might let you drop'....

eh? where did you get this from, 25e a month get you either 200 voice mins or 100texts/100 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

ya 200 minutes plus 200 texts at 9 cent a text=43

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

plonk wrote:
    ya 200 minutes plus 200 texts at 9 cent a text=43
    ^
    |
    |
    what he said

sorry lads, i didnt even know what a text cost.....!
    i just pay whatever my bill is. well, i was chatting to a lady on 3 and its gonna cost 450e to cancel my voice/text contract:eek:

i got a data card lying around i dont need, so basically looks like i will keep the data sim/39.99e deal a month. plus my 'other' sim. i wil tell them about the 9cent text thing. they are doing tests on my moto v3xx, coverage is pretty patchy and is not consistent. so a change of handset is on the cards.

i noticed i am picking up 3.5g signals now, hsdpa. looks like they upped their coverage in the sticks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement