Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow tinting/bleaching

• 14-02-2007 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    After lots of highlights my hair is now mostly blonde (black underneath), my eyebrows are still my natural dark brown though, I'm just wondering even though my eyebrows are quite thin should I get them tinted a lighter brown? This might sound silly but what do tinted eyebrows look like as the colour starts to grow out, would the regrowth be noticeable?

Thanks,
    Nala

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

look, i know nothing about anything but bleaching your eyebrows has seriously bad news written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

i had the same problem so i went to the beuticians and they would only make them darker the girl told me the next time i was getting my hair done to put some of the die onto them, so i did, wasnt too bad looking ,lasted feck all time and when it started to grow out it looked stupid, kinda dark burnt orange mad looking, so i went back to the beuticians

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't think you should bother. Sarah Michelle Gellar started to dye her eyebrows blonde during Buffy, and she just looked a bit weird. Leave them dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've had my eyebrows tinted darker quite a few times. They are naturally blondey colour and I've tinted them dark brown. It lasts quite a while and the regrowth is slow and subtle. Might be a bit different the other way around though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:
    I've had my eyebrows tinted darker quite a few times. They are naturally blondey colour and I've tinted them dark brown. It lasts quite a while and the regrowth is slow and subtle. Might be a bit different the other way around though.
    Im with pythia on this. Eyebrows are much nicer darker. If you look at blonde celebs then you'll see that all of their eyebrows are darker then their hair. Blonde eyebrows dont look nice. Even Nicole Kidman darkens hers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive blonde eyebrows (& hair) & one day my friend (who is a beautician) was doing my makeup before we went out & suddenly just started putting stuff on my eyebrows - turned out she was tinting them but didnt tell me cause she knew id question her.

of course she was right, darker eyebrows look better, blonde eyebrows are pointless because you cant see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i get mine darker cos they're fair an my hair's blond. don't bleach them!

Advertisement