Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian entrance ...

• 14-02-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that might help me with this issue ... I should of thought of it at planning stage but there you are ..:o

On the left is my finished house with everything as is ... You will notice that I never put a pedestrian gate in the boundry wall in front of my front door ... The only access is thru the double gates which will be a pain when someone calls ...
    On the right is something I have come up with for access to the front door ... My proposed path would run along the councils grass verge so will I have to look for planning permission for this or can anyone suggest an alternative ...
    Thanks in advance ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why not just go straight out over the grass verge. Shorter route and less loss of green area

The two problems that you may have is 1. getting PP for a pedestrian entrance and 2. getting approval for the path through the grass verge. You may well have to approach the local roads dept. about the verge prior to applying for PP

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Yea ... I did think about that direct route at first but then I thought the route along the boundry wall would be less obvious and not split their grass verge in half ! ...
    The more I look at it the more I kick myself ... :mad:

Is it possible to just hire the con-saw, do the job and then apply for retention ;) ...

Advertisement