Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Groups.

• 14-02-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I have been riding my 1988 Honda VF750C SuperMagna around for about four years now. It is a very capable cruiser, and basically 'does what it says on the tin' plus a whole heap more; but I would say that, wouldn't I?
    Last weekend, I went out looking at a couple of bikes after searching various InterWeb sites.
    I like the 'cruiser' style of bike, and have over the past months, whittled down my choices of different machines. Didn't look good. Didn't feel right. Not my style. Etc. Etc.
    Anyway the last one on my 'wish list' was a Honda F6C, better known as a Valkyrie. Long story made more painful (especially to my wallet) I bought one.
    Today the fun and games started with the Insurance. I eventually got it sorted out with Carole Nash, and got both bikes on the one policy.
    In the process of my 'fun and games', a young lady I was talking to in AON, told me that my 'new' (to me) '98 1500CC F6C Valkyrie is in Insurance group 9, while my '88 VF750C SuperMagna is in Insurance group 10 !!!!! How the fffffeck did they work that one out??? She did not know, she was only reading the gumph on her PC screen
    So does anyone out there know how these 'insurance groups' work, or what they are based on????
    My Super th_Oct2006003.jpg
    My Valk th_MyNewValkyrie002.jpg

Thanks. Phil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

i love my dragstar man and i remember sitting on a F6C last year. the damn thing nearly swallowed me whole there just huge bikes. bet they are the bizz

good luck with it m8 and ride safe

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Insurance Group 4

Honda VTR 250

Insurance Group 5

Honda Bros 400
    Honda CBR 250 250R
    Honda Flat Tracker
    Suzuki GSX 400
    Most Factory Restricted Bikes (e.g. Suzuki Bandit)
    Yamaha XVS 400 DRAGSTAR

Insurance Group 6

Some factory restricted bikes (e.g. off-road capable and some restricted sport b)
    Honda Shadow 750
    Honda Transalp 400
    Honda XL 250
    Honda Hornet 250
    Kawasaki VN1500
    Kawasaki VN1600 Classic
    Kawsaki VN2000
    Suzuki GS500E
    Yamaha Virago 400
    Yamaha XT 400

Insurance Group 7

Honda Deauville 650
    Honda Dominator 650
    Kawasaki EN500
    Kawasaki VN800 Classic
    Kawasaki VN1600 Mean Streak
    Yamaha TTR 250

Insurance Group 8

BMW F650
    Honda Africa Twin 750
    Honda GL 1500
    Honda CB400 Super Four
    Honda CBR400RR
    Honda Transalp 650
    Honda NC30 VFR400R
    Honda VT 1100
    Kawasaki ER-5
    Kawasaki ZXR400L
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    Suzuki Intruder 1400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Whiteyie

Hey
    Just about to pick up my new to me VN 800 and cannot wait to get out riding again!!
    Has anybody taken the windshield of theirs as im thinking of doing this with mine. It has a lovely set of Dragbars on it and didnt want to cover them up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Whiteyie wrote: »
    Hey
    Just about to pick up my new to me VN 800 and cannot wait to get out riding again!!
    Has anybody taken the windshield of theirs as im thinking of doing this with mine. It has a lovely set of Dragbars on it and didnt want to cover them up :)

Welcome to the bike section on boards! No need to drag up an old thread, you can start a new one

I would definitely take the screen off the VN, I think they look wrong on custom bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I agree with yer man. Take it off and ya be flying

• Advertisement
Advertisement