Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe moving to Dublin...

Options
  • 14-02-2007 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I recently moved to one of the "regional cities" to start a new job. It's a good place to work and I found really nice accomodation with pretty much no hassle, with nice people.

I just got offered a job in Dublin for a bit more money but not much. I think this job would be alot more interesting and the company has a very good rep. The main thing holding me back is the idea of uprooting myself again so soon to another part of the country. Basically, how much of a pain would it be to try and find somewhere nice in Dublin, especially considering I don't know the place at all?

The job is in the city centre near a dart station, so I'd probably want somehere near another dart station, to try and keep things simple. My current rent is just over €300, I'm sure I'd have to pay a hell of alot more than that.

Any sort of help at all would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

This thread might help!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have a look on daft.ie, have you a car? if not have a look near the job and a bit further out, you are looking at up to 100% more rent depending on how nice a place you are looking for. If you are willing to share a room you will save a fair bit of money..

If the job is better it is worth the effort/extra cost, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Sharing a house, you're looking at 500 euros per month. Sharing a flat, you're looking at 600. I reckon this kind of decision should be based on career advancement. You say that the job pays a bit more than your existing one. Do you think that you'll get better experience in this new job, or that you can move up the ladder? Plus, after a promotion or two, the extra cost of living in Dublin might be offset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Nightlife in Dublin is much much better also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Thanks for the info everyone.

Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement
Advertisement