Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Outlander

Options
  • 14-02-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Has anyone driven one of these, they look ok in the book anyway, 2.0 vw diesel engine. The 2 third row seats fold down if you want, are they worth 40k though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

finbarrk wrote:
    Has anyone driven one of these, they look ok in the book anyway, 2.0 vw diesel engine. The 2 third row seats fold down if you want, are they worth 40k though?

Not very popular here in Ireland, depreciation is huge on them. I think they are based on the Pajero Sport chassis. Kind of aimed at the Subaru Forester driver. Also there is a new model about to be launched.

I would not spend €40k on one to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

They wouldnt be popular here yet because they only came out last week, anyway I drove one on Saturday and it seemed ok, drove better than the Rav 4.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

new model got a very good review in tribune this weekend. apparently after one year on sale in Japan it is now the best selling SUV over there.

Not 40k either, the model they recommended in the tribune was the Invite at €36k with 2L TDI 140BHP engine from VW.

Yeah but the one with the 2 pop up 3rd row seats is close to 40k. I must look at that review in the Tribune.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

finbarrk wrote:
    Yeah but the one with the 2 pop up 3rd row seats is close to 40k. I must look at that review in the Tribune.

actually they did say that, it is 3k more and u get cruise, steering wheel audio, fog lights and privacy glass. think it is called the 'intense'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

for 40k though when it comes to selling time, people who want a 7 seater will opt for the more well known cars/mpv's rather than the outlander...you'll lose a lot know matter how good you think it is.
    How does the price compare to the Hyuandai Santa Fe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

Interesting to hear that VW and Mitsubishi shared engines, especially given the bitching between them this year at the Paris Dakar (which VW won, in the Toe-Rag btw)

The Outlander is the new Pajero Passenger.

The best is without doubt the Nissan Pathfinder passenger, with a 2.5L DCi, 171 BHP, and a monster 400 NM torque.

I hadnt considered the Nissan, I wonder how much are they? The Honda crv looks the best for me at the moment but its expensive at 44k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

sk8board wrote:
    The best is without doubt the Nissan Pathfinder passenger, with a 2.5L DCi, 171 BHP, and a monster 400 NM torque.

I have driven one, and it is nice, but - big tax, big price. And resale on a 2.5 is nowhere near the resale on a 2.0. You could be selling it for a long time........... And, until we know what they're doing on the 'oul carbon tax thing, I wouldn't go near anything over 2.0 until that's resolved............they could hammer it, and then it'll cost you another fortune and lose even more money.

Nice cars though - both the new Outlander and the Pathfinder.

How about nearly new? e.g. http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=606577

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Yeah I was thinking about that today and I dont need something as big and powerfull as the Nissan. It will either be the Outlander or the CRV I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement