Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Bolton v Arsenal Replay

• 14-02-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭

V. good game, Arsenal winning 1-0 at half time.

Hopefully the chances can continue and Arsenal can take a few of them. Helb and Rosicky both playing excellently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I'm surprised at the amount of empty seats for an FA Cup clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yep this has been a really good game so far, there seems to be loads of space and arsenal are playing great. Hleb has been amazing and if things start coming off for Baptista, or maybe Aliadiere come on, then they should win well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Not relevant to this game, but did anyone else see the highlights of the Boro Fa Cup game last night. When Soccer AM was on last weekend, they were saying Yakubu had the second best penalty record in the Premiership something like 18 out of 19, and last night he goes and misses two - classic (I do realise this is the FA Cup).

lovely save from Almunia.

Shades of Baggio there with that penalty miss from Gilberto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

ROFL funniest thing i have ever seen in football by adebayor

HAHAHA!!

f*ckin hate bolton.
    1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

****ing idiots! :(

Full time.

What the hell are Arsenal playing at?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How "Bolton" was that?!

I'd kinda like to see them win now - just to punnish some shocking finishing by le Arse.

Mike.

• Advertisement

What I wouldn't give for a Freddie winner tonight. ;)

Denilson has been shocking, dunno why he's still on the pitch......

Arsenal gone extremely narrow now without Hleb and Rosicky on the pitch. One or two players look absolutely knackered.

Roddy23 wrote:

Nice one :D

What I wouldn't give for a Freddie winner tonight.

Aliadiere ye beauty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Roddy23 wrote:

Hahaha, i was just about to say what an absolute waste of space he had been so far since coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Baptista was as awful for Arsenal tonight as Adebayor was magnificent. His first touch and finishing were absolutely woeful tonight. Send him back to Real and bring Reyes back.

Jesus if this game goes to peno's Arsenal are screwed, 2 missed peno's now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Now he goes and misses a penalty! Shocking.

Great mtach, Arsenal extremely lucky to go through but a magnificent performance all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great game. Delighted to see Bolton go out, I can't stomach their anti-football or their manager. I know it's often said, but Arsenal will have a truly stunning team in a couple of years once these young stars mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good performance for Arsenal tonight

Baptista was shocking though. couldnt shoot, couldnt pass :mad: i wouldnt say send him back to Real just yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I thought it was a really great open game from both sides. Harsh on Bolton in the end, but the game was always Arsenals to be honest. It's shaping up to be a nice little FA this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I really don't know how Arsenal do it. I mean they were on top of the game for so long in the first half, they were practically strolling in the park. And then they buckle, don't pick up men in the box, don't win the 50-50s its like a whole different team at times. For a team that gets it so spectacularly right, how do they get it so bloody wrong 10 minutes later? I don't think it had anything to do with Bolton coming out guns a blazing like you could argue, they started just as bright too in the first half but Arsenal just smothered them.

I feel sorry for Baptista though, the final goal was all him until Adebayor popped up in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

In retrospect, that was pure comedy... so many missed chances. Nail-biting stuff at the time though. Thank God it didn't go to a shootout with that display of penalty-taking.

Glad to see the back of Bolton. Class won out tonight (but only just).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pacifico wrote:
    Denilson has been shocking, dunno why he's still on the pitch......
    Thought he was rather good again tbh.

I don't think Adebayor was any great deal better than Baptista tonight to be honest. Delighted to see Freddie roll back the years, that was absolutely sublime.

I'm in bits after that though, I thought Arsenal had reached their lowest in the finishing stakes against CSKA. Obviously I was wrong.

I need to lie down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hopefully this will shut fat sam up for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nothing will ever shut fat sam up. Absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing will ever shut fat sam up. Absolutely nothing

A big pie might. For a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It'd have to be one damn big pie... and he'd be done eating it in about 3.456 seconds I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Not really pushed on the FA but to finually break our run against Bolton is great. Pissed that i was working for it.

Advertisement