Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What router[digiweb]

• 14-02-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

im getting digiweb, and need a wireless router for my laptop and wii

what one [affordable] would u guys recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'd recommend whatever Netgear router is "affordable" to you. Assuming you're using Digiweb's wireless BB, you'll want to get a normal network router, not an ADSL modem/router combo that are often quite misleadingly packaged.

yep digiweb wireless

so where would be cheapest to buy ie.harvey normans ,pc world,etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

somewhere online like komplett.ie would be a lot cheaper than real-life shops. Harvey Norman seems to have a very limited range of wireless stuff - mainly onlly Belkin, which I'd avoid like the plague.

Might be some good deals in PC World.

dont wanna buy online as [hopefully] will have bb by next week and want wireles asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

mainly onlly Belkin, which I'd avoid like the plague.
    I agree with avoiding like a plague. They only have WEP encryption at the minimum. Unless your are in the middle of nowhere and no chance of some else stealing your bandwidth. I email them about 2 months back about wireless encryption and they said there was no plans for WPA or WPA2. I could not believe that they would mention that. Talk about poor marketing!!

no close neighbours cept sister in law next door....brother in law is eircom employer

but their family so it will be stoped i f anythign happens

so other than stealing bandwith,is there any other issues with belkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭brianbruff

did anyone get one?
    what made/model?

tnx

Advertisement