Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touts

Options
  • 14-02-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hotpress have started a name and shame touts campaign, will people actually bother, because there's always gonna be a demand for tickets, and how can people get rid of them..... i'm askin for some research for an article i'm planning to write and different opinions and answers to the problem would help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i hate them. but thats just my opinion. there will always be a demand for tickets so why not let the real fans buy them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spudneverlution

i hate them too mate, but is there any way of makin sure that touts cant get their grubby hands on them in the first place? glastonbury tickets have you're name and you need your id to get in.... but thats only in the daytime, by evening time the bouncer dudes usually let ya in anyway?
    credit cards are limited to 4 per purchase but thats not workin, just look at the last pearl jam gig, up-comin arcade fire, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

is there any way of makin sure that touts cant get their grubby hands on them in the first place?
    Don't sell tickets.

well yea but i mean surely there's has to be a way to prevent tickets gettin into the hands of touts in the first place...there are some bands with fansites if you're registered with them then you get preferance on tickets, the only catch is you gotta pay for membership, pearl jam do it, but is there any point payin a membership fee every year if a band doesn't come touring in europe on a regular basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

....and how can people get rid of them.....
    What do you mean by that? Do you mean that people that have a spare ticket will sometimes need to get rid of it? If so, there's always that old fashioned idea of selling it for face value thereby not turning yourself into a tout.

• Advertisement

sorry, nothin wrong with resellin it for face value to another fan, but i'm askin how can the ordinary joe soap make sure that he gets tickets for the bands he likes and that the touts won't get them at all, the glastonbury way is a good idea but is it good enough?

Advertisement