Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Really Like You But......

• 14-02-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, Heres the story,

I met a guy about a month ago on a night out. We ended up sleeping together that night and we have met up at least ten times since then. Some times just for a chat, other times for sex. Now at the start we sort of had a mutual agreement that it was just sex. But over the last week Ive realised that I really like this guy and would like to maybe consider a relationship with him.

So anyways, he txt me last night to say that he cant stop thinking about me and what were the possibilities of maybe dating. So today we met up to talk about it and I also told him how I felt. Anyways one thing led to another and we didnt get much talking done.

So I txt him an hour ago just to see where we both stood. He replied saying that the timing wasnt right for him to get into a relationship.

What the F**k? Can anyone shed some light on this. Guys, any possible reasons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

OK, Heres the story,

I met a guy about a month ago on a night out. We ended up sleeping together that night and we have met up at least ten times since then. Some times just for a chat, other times for sex. Now at the start we sort of had a mutual agreement that it was just sex.

At this point it all seems a bit obvious.
    So anyways, he txt me last night to say that he cant stop thinking about me and what were the possibilities of maybe dating. So today we met up to talk about it and I also told him how I felt. Anyways one thing led to another and we didnt get much talking done.

Like all men he can't stop thinking about sex, at the moment it just happens to be with you.
    So I txt him an hour ago just to see where we both stood. He replied saying that the timing wasnt right for him to get into a relationship.

He got what he wanted, he has no interest in a relationship. You should'nt have got too attached, considering your previous agreement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It would seem that once he got what he wanted, he was no longer interested? Might be wise to learn from this and move on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

When think clearly immediately after sex. It's entirely possible he confused lust for a desire to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

sleeping with a guy on the first night is a bad idea...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You were nice and happy just to have sex with him. Suddenly you started liking him and were perhaps hoping he'd be your b/f. He had sex with you one last time and then legged it.
    Chalk it up and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

been there, done that. Move on, no point to hang around. What might happen though (at least it happened to me a couple of times) is, that, like, 6 months later, the guy realises that he actually now wants a relationship, and you would be the perfect person, and starts regretting that he blew you off, and starts begging on his knees for you to take him as a boyfriend...

Which may be a touch confusing if you happen to be in a relationship because you have moved on...Anyways...Just be prepared for that one...

Or he just got what he wanted...So one word of advice - if it's just sex you're after, don't get emotionally attached to the person (but you've figured that one out...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Heya just my two cents. Next time a sex buddy decides he wants it to turn into a relationship hold off on the sex for a while. Really get to know each other. Your emotional and physical understandings of each other are out of sync so its only when you balance them out again that you could have a proper relationship. Difference between **** buddies and relationships is that the people in relationships actually take the time to get to know each other. Makes it all the more meaningful you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Fair Enough. All points taken. Wont make that mistake again in a hurry. Thanx All.'

'
    the possibilities of maybe dating. So today we met up to talk about it and I also told him how I felt. Anyways one thing led to another and we didnt get much talking done.

you met up to talk about it+ didn't get much talking done. Maybe if you played a little hard to get, it might work out better for you. I don't know how much guys would want to go into a relationship with someone if they come across as being too easy or something.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sounds like a hit n run to me...
    he only wants one thing. Let him be, if he's really interested he'll com back and you play hard to get.
    Then you'll know where you stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Femmy wrote:
    If the guy actually likes you then it doesn't matter when you sleep with him. Anyway, same could be said for girls. I'm all for the chase but when I get the guy, I'm usually no longer interested.

OP: Maybe he's just not really interested. I'd suggest you stop putting out unless he commits to whatever you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Femmy wrote:

Good old catholic ireland viewpoint there femmy :rolleyes:

In my oppinion. If i finish with a girl like that. Its for 2 reasons

1) I would be embarassed what my friends though of her

2) Found another girl

But there is the possibility he is tellng the truth, and really is not ready for a relationship.

'Apparently I passed him in the car today but I didn't see him. Got a txt a few minutes later saying something like this "Hey Cutie saw you a few mins ago. How are things foxy?" My txt back was fairly blunt and to the point. I just txt back that things were fine. Just don't get why he keeps txting me.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

hoping the sex can continue clearly. keep away. it'l just ruin your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

hoping the sex can continue clearly. keep away. it'l just ruin your head

Exactly. He hasn't shagged anyone since you and now wants to see if he can keep you on standby til something else comes along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Femmy wrote:
    Girls, pay no heed to this! You should sleep with us guys on the first night, even better evening or afternoon if possible :p

OP - stop seeing the guy unless you're ok with being just a booty call. It's clear he is not interested in anything further than just the sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

he didn't have to pretend he wanted a relationship to get sex, op was already giving it. i'd say he has his own issues going on or hs made a decision not to have a girlfriend at the mo and is trying to stick with it.

Thanks everyone. Think its time to forget about him!

Advertisement