Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

• 14-02-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Been listening to this LOADS lately and I think its 9 minutes of genius. They take their knocks but man I think its a classic. Sort of slipped under my radar until now. Rest of the album aint bad either!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

i like this track, and looking back the albums not bad, at least every 13yr old with a dodgy haircut isnt still fusing about it. Went to see Green Day in Jan 05 and nearly walked out because I looked so old compared to the rest of the attendence quota lol, but I do think Green Day still have something to offer, albeit not the groundbreaking music of their original days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Would love to see these guys live, looking forward to them being back here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

they used to be good[not great]but this american idiot album..........its the most comformist , commerical, attentioning grabbing, bad music album ive ever heard.anti war my arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

its the most comformist , commerical, attentioning grabbing, bad music album ive ever heard.
    No it's not. If anything Warning is the album you just described. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine, but to say it's conformist, commercial or attention grabbing just because it sold well simply isn't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not a fan of American Idiot as an album, but must say, whenever I hear that song on tv, I do leave it on. That is a good tune. Much prefer their older stuff though, hope they continue on from JoS on enxt album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yes, awesome song. The I don't care bit is awesome. And no, its not comformist, nobody else was making albums like that at the time. One good song after another, i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Their best album since Dookie imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Silver Shadow

... and American Idiot:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Yes, awesome song. The I don't care bit is awesome. And no, its not comformist, nobody else was making albums like that at the time. One good song after another, i thought.

Will hold the test of time long after people have forgotten about this band, they will remember this album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

i must say that jesus of suburbia and st jimmy are the only 2 songs i really likw by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Oh please. Everyone was taking their turn on the anti-war bandwagon, from Eminem and Puff freakin Daddy to this bunch of attention seeking me-toos. This album is a shameful middle finger to the punk community that launched them and I hope that someday it all backfires on them. They might as well be the Kaiser Chiefs or The Killers at this point. I mean it's all well and good to have an anti-war opinion, but they said nothing meaningful, new or even remotely necessary, resorting to childish anti-americanisms (aren't they american?) like "American Idiot" to get a cheap pop from pseudo-socio-political morons and general morons who like to pretend they know what's going on past their nose. Juts my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

This album is a shameful middle finger to the punk community that launched them and I hope that someday it all backfires on them.

They were HATED by the punk community from day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Will hold the test of time long after people have forgotten about this band, they will remember this album

Really? I didn't think it was worth anything then, and now it does indeed appear to have faded out of its ill-deserved limelight because noone really cared after a while. They're all blethering on about the war in Iraq whenever they say anything, for instance, but what exactly do you think is currently happening in Afghanistan? Please, they were as big a bunch of bandwagon-jumpers as ever you found and now the flames have died on the fire of teen agst that album's smouldering and fizzling out too.

Advertisement