Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Repair Centres...

• 14-02-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Ok, does anyone know if there is a mobile phone repair centre around the south county Dublin area? or is the closest one to Stillorgan in Dawson Street?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there is one in sandyford business park, MPRC.
    http://www.mprc.ie/repairs.asp?section=howto
    used them a couple of year back, grand job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here is a link to their website, they are pretty good. Fast turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

thanks for the quick replies lads, see, i have got this 6680 thats locked to vodafone and i wanna get the firmware flashed cos i've told that then i can put any sim card in the phone after that, will these guys do that for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

i think they may flash it and then re-lock it, not sure maybe some1else knows

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they are a vodafone approved repair centre so don't think they will do that for you..

• Advertisement

see i just wanna be able to use an english sim in it when i go away for 2 months, but will then use it on vodafone again, damn thats annoying... will any of the other repair centres do it for me?

ring vodafone and tell them that and they may do it for free

no, see i'm not the original owner of the phone, it was sold to me, and apparently it needs to have the original sim in the phone before vodafone can unlock it, i asked already!

thats why i'm asking about the repair centre, looking at the last straw here...

are all nokia repair centres vodafone approved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No Nokia center will unlock a phone for you. Period. That phone can't be unlocked at the moment, so it's tough luck really. Vodafone should unlock it just by calling the IMEI out to them. I know people who unlocked phones that weren't theirs.

really? well i went into the vodafone shop today and he told me point blank that vodafone will not unlock a phone that does not have the original sim in it.

he told me that nokia repair centres could flash the firmware and he'd heard of that happening quite a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Smiley012 wrote:
    Ok, does anyone know if there is a mobile phone repair centre around the south county Dublin area? or is the closest one to Stillorgan in Dawson Street?
    There is a nokia agent in bray just off the dargle road.its called in car tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Smiley012 wrote:
    really? well i went into the vodafone shop today and he told me point blank that vodafone will not unlock a phone that does not have the original sim in it.

he told me that nokia repair centres could flash the firmware and he'd heard of that happening quite a few times.

Talking out his arse. Try ringing them on their customer care number.

Flashing firmware only gets rid of the Vodafone branding.

chrislad is right the guy in the shop is tlkin ****e. i buy phones ring vodafone or o2 and get them unlocked (a month ago did it wit my k800i).

thanks guys I will try that later, thanks for the information!

Advertisement