Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reserve a plate

Options
  • 14-02-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi Yall,

I have a new motor arriving in a month;

Question is can I get a plate number reserved? im after 07 D 131131 or 07 D 13131; I dont think these will be in much demand?

Any chance ye know how I can get it? would nt mind spendin a few bob on it nothin mad now though! [any advice appreciated Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

€315 Contact: reservereg@revenue.ie

Re: 07 D 131131 The numbers are very unlikely to get up that far this year. Your other option is probably gone by now.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yeah, would say you are out of luck with them, the garage you are getting the car from will sort it for you for above price, although I was told 350. my understanding is you can reserve any number but not register the car until the number comes up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

Just a thought but if 07 D 13131 is gone you can always go for another County with the same digits unless the Dub reg is more important to you than the numbers :)

daveym wrote:
    my understanding is you can reserve any number
    Except No. 1 in Dublin, Cork, Limerick or Waterford. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

Hmmm if Trevor S was Mayor you could probably get 0X D 01 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

According to Cartell.ie 07 D 13131 is already on a Ford Fiesta! 07 D 131 doesn't appear to have been issued yet, you could try for that...

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    According to Cartell.ie 07 D 13131 is already on a Ford Fiesta! 07 D 131 doesn't appear to have been issued yet, you could try for that...

if it's not issued would that not mean that someone has reserved it? otherwise wouldn't it have been issued as normal?

daveym wrote:
    otherwise wouldn't it have been issued as normal?

No, not numbers under 200.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik reserved number plates are allocated in November of the previous year. Ie if you want a specific number in 2007 you have to apply for it in November 2006. This costs around €300 and you are entered into a draw for them if they are popular. If your name is pulled from a hat you get the number, if you don't get the number then you get a refund afaik.

Except No. 1 in Dublin, Cork, Limerick or Waterford. ;)

Yeah these are reserved for the Mayor who gets a brand new motor every year.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik reserved number plates are allocated in November of the previous year. Ie if you want a specific number in 2007 you have to apply for it in November 2006. This costs around €300 and you are entered into a draw for them if they are popular. If your name is pulled from a hat you get the number, if you don't get the number then you get a refund afaik.

maybe thats for numbers below 200? numbers coming up can be reserved at any time, I was thinking of doing it last september when I got my car..

Do-more wrote:
    No, not numbers under 200.

I guess they figure someone is going to be willing to pay for any number under 200 and hold them back? It could be reserved but the car not registered yet though?

bazz26 wrote:
    Ie if you want a specific number in 2007 you have to apply for it in November 2006.

You don't have to apply in November, you can check and if a number is neither issued nor reserved you can apply at anytime for it. Reservations begin for the following years numbers on Nov 1st. that's all.

invest4deepvalue.com

daveym wrote:
    maybe thats for numbers below 200? numbers coming up can be reserved at any time, I was thinking of doing it last september when I got my car..

Mmm interesting... has anybody got any link to what the DOE's offical policy/procedure is for number plate reservations, just out of interest?

daveym wrote:
    It could be reserved but the car not registered yet though?

That's quite possible, Revenue will let you know if you ask nicely!;)

invest4deepvalue.com

bazz26 wrote:
    Mmm interesting... has anybody got any link to what the DOE's offical policy/procedure is for number plate reservations, just out of interest?

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/vrt5.htm

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

doesnt jj kavanagh have dibs on XX-X-1,11,111,111
    in even county aswell? all their buses only have the number 1 only anyway

(aside from dublin cork L and W of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I was looking at a 2000 reg BMW convertible for a friend a few weeks ago. It was a UK import brought in in 2004. The reg was 00 ww 10. So you might still be able to get the 131 you're after. This 00 ww 10 could not have been issued before 2004 as the car had not been in the country.
    I wanted to go for a memorable reg when I brought my car in from UK last year. The I thought about Gardai, parking attendents & friends spotting the car every where. I'd have gotten away with nothing!! Bear that in mind.

What about going the other way 07-D-31313?

Also I doubt 07-D-13 is taken.

AFAIK they don't issue xx-x-13 or xx-x-666 to anyone unless specifically requested. Can't think why.....

Kadeshh wrote:
    doesnt jj kavanagh have dibs on XX-X-1,11,111,111
    in even county aswell? all their buses only have the number 1 only anyway
    I've often wondered that also! They seems to get a lot of them. It also puzzling as they have the numbers in a few different counties (Waterford/Kilkenny/Tipperary) whereas the regulations state that the registered adress of the owner can only be used when reserving a plate.

• Advertisement

AFAIK they don't issue xx-x-13 or xx-x-666 to anyone
    I think that an old wives tale! Two of my neighbours used to have '666'.

so just to be clear you are surrounded by people who had 666 as their number plate? :eek: what is the name of your street?

Devil's Drive?
    Lucifer's Lane?

I've often wondered that also! They seems to get a lot of them. It also puzzling as they have the numbers in a few different counties (Waterford/Kilkenny/Tipperary) whereas the regulations state that the registered adress of the owner can only be used when reserving a plate.

I remember this was discussed on another thread but I can't find it at the mo. Seems they have legitimate business addresses in a number of counties and they make multiple applications each year so increasing their chances of getting the tasty plates....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They might have requested that reg. Anyone feel like doing a Friday experiment tomorrow? We should all ring up our local VRO and ask for the reg 07-x-666
    If nothing else it would spook them out!!!

They might have requested that reg. Anyone feel like doing a Friday experiment tomorrow? We should all ring up our local VRO and ask for the reg 07-x-666

LOL Contact details here

invest4deepvalue.com

daveym wrote:
    what is the name of your street?
    At the time it was 'Main Street, Rush, Co Dublin'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

No point asking for 07-D-666, spotted it the other day on an Audi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

i got 07-XX-2222 last week........

2000 and 2007 were gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

On the JJ Kavanagh thing, many people will get plates like 07 LS 460. I've seen a few cars with LS as the identifiers but some other county as Gaeilge as the county where the car was registered, can anyone shed light???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

ninty9er wrote:
    On the JJ Kavanagh thing, many people will get plates like 07 LS 460. I've seen a few cars with LS as the identifiers but some other county as Gaeilge as the county where the car was registered, can anyone shed light???

Some such plates may be on Lexus 460's ?

E.g. The MD of Lexus Ireland may have such a plate, but may not actually live in LS hence the different county name on the plate.

Re: JJ Kavanagh........
    They are the (self-declared) "No.1 bus operator in Ireland" - hence the number '1' registrations! :cool:

Advertisement