Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reserve a plate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Silvera wrote:
    Re: JJ Kavanagh........
    They are the (self-declared) "No.1 bus operator in Ireland" - hence the number '1' registrations! :cool:
    As luck would have it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Hey
    thanks for the advice, im goin to put in the €315 being asked for and see, according to cartell.ie (thanks for the link to that whoever posted it) i can get the plate i want so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Kadeshh wrote:
    doesnt jj kavanagh have dibs on XX-X-1,11,111,111
    in even county aswell? all their buses only have the number 1 only anyway

(aside from dublin cork L and W of course)

Article about JJ Kavanaghs, today in the Sunday Business Post.

The Kavanaghs have also been transporting the Kilkenny hurling team to Croke Park for the last 18 years, and the team always travels on the ‘‘KK 1’’ registration bus. All of the company’s buses have a ‘‘1’’ on their registration plates, according to Paul Kavanagh.

‘‘If it has one 1 on the plate, it has a toilet on board. Two 1s is the 53-seater bus, three 1s is the 55-seater and four 1s is the service bus which is wheelchair accessible,” he said.

‘‘Our buses have had 1s on their registration plates since 1993.

‘‘It’s a sign of where we want to be in the market.”

Full article

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do-more wrote:
    ‘‘If it has one 1 on the plate, it has a toilet on board. Two 1s is the 53-seater bus, three 1s is the 55-seater and four 1s is the service bus which is wheelchair accessible,” he said.
    Interesting but what happens if other motorists in Kilkenny/Waterford/Tipperary also reserve a 1/11/111/1111 plate? It's done by lottery and only one entry per person is officially accepted. I can't see how Kavanagh's can legally be certain of getting the desired plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Interesting but what happens if other motorists in Kilkenny/Waterford/Tipperary also reserve a 1/11/111/1111 plate? It's done by lottery and only one entry per person is officially accepted. I can't see how Kavanagh's can legally be certain of getting the desired plates.
    It's a coincidence, that's all. ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ninty9er wrote:
    I've seen a few cars with LS as the identifiers but some other county as Gaeilge as the county where the car was registered, can anyone shed light???
    LS = Laoighis, was that what you saw?

Having the wrong 'county' on top of the plate is illegal, but I would be amazed if anyone was pulled for it. Pretty sure NCT testers would spot it. Why do it, though?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

A driver probably chose 07 LS 460 for his Lexus, but may now live (or always have lived) in another county

Advertisement