Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs during the leaving cert

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Yay or nay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Yay.....

If you're repeating and just missed out.

Otherwise, hell no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I have a job, working 8 hours on a Sunday.. well I really cannot say if it effects my capability because I dont bother with study as much as i can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I think jobs in the leaving cert suit different people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If it's just a weekend job then I see no reason why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In some ways I'd Yay, in others Nay.

I gave up this year, cos I want some time to relax more, do other things. At this stage, I'd definately say Nay though aswell. But assaid, it suits different people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

During the Leaving cert, nay. Directly afterwards, yay.
    The majority of my exams are finished on June 13th. I have one exam in music left about a week and a half later. If I could get a job any time after June 13th I'd be happy provided I don't have a shift the same time as music :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Yeah up to the mocks, then drop it. I teach piano at the weekends, and Its soo handy coz I can say what hours suit and what doesnt. I mean €40 for 2 hours work is dead handy, and I still have time to do study/homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've been working in a hotel since transition year, so thankfully I'm in a position to be guarenteed work whenever I want it. As a result, I'm only working Saturdays from about 5-12. Provides me with just enough money for lunch and credit during the week. How life will be much different in college!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I work in a hotel kids club at the weekends. Only for 8 hours. It just gets me a bit of cash. Doesnt impact my studies :)

So...yay. If it's only for a few hours.

I'd say yay up until Christmas, but after that you probably shouldn't. Depends on each person, of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement