Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford NTL speeds gone mad tonight?

• 15-02-2007 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having major trouble with their broadband speed tonight with NTL?

Im using irishisptest.com/myspeed and its giving me 25.3 kbps down and 192kbps up.

Thats a bit mad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah they are crap tonight. ive jsut been in contact with two other people in waterford and its the same for them. im not even getting 25kb/s down, im getting less tehn 10!! and im on the 6 meg package. Ny upstream seams to be absolutlety fine. yours seems to be quite good aswell, i assume your on the 3 meg package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yeah they are crap tonight. ive jsut been in contact with two other people in waterford and its the same for them. im not even getting 25kb/s down, im getting less tehn 10!! and im on the 6 meg package. Ny upstream seams to be absolutlety fine. yours seems to be quite good aswell, i assume your on the 3 meg package?

Im on the 2mb package.. in name only though.. I've never seen it at 2mb. Its like buying a cream egg and finding its hollow with no goo.. then the small print says.. may include things up to and including goo.. etc.

Ah Im gettin sick of NTL. I could ring tomorrow but it'd cost 20 quid to stay on hold on my mobile. I cant use the landline for the free 1800 number.. why? Because I got rid of said landline when I got NTL in the first place... and around and around we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Bad eggs all round. I wa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Lads, get off NTL, they sound like complete rubbish. If you paid for 6mb/2mb whatever, you should get it, at least some of the time.

merlante wrote:
    Lads, get off NTL, they sound like complete rubbish. If you paid for 6mb/2mb whatever, you should get it, at least some of the time.

Whats the alternative though? I dont want a phoneline.. already left BT because they were worse than NTL. Whats reliable and 25 quid a month?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Trotter wrote:
    Is anyone else having major trouble with their broadband speed tonight with NTL?

Im using irishisptest.com/myspeed and its giving me 25.3 kbps down and 192kbps up.

Thats a bit mad.

Mine was the same. But back to normal today (1.96 on 2 Megs). Before NTL closed the Waterford place their BB support said the best way to measure the speed was to go to this link:

www.apple.com/itunes/download and multiply the result by 8 for your speed. Something to do with Irish sites and Amsterdam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Trotter wrote:
    Whats the alternative though? I dont want a phoneline.. already left BT because they were worse than NTL. Whats reliable and 25 quid a month?

Nothing, thats the problem
    Its between Business packages like BT Business (had it for 18 months and it worked perfectly...but billing sucked ass), Smart or NTL after that everyone else is pants

I find my NTL connection ok, pings have gone to **** but I don't play games as much as I used to so not too worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

tis really crap again tonight!!!

tis really crap again tonight!!!

149 down 205 up. Crap.

Advertisement