Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studded bathroom walls

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

upstairs in our new house all we have atm is studded walls, electrician just starting.

Question? Around where our shower is going in main toilet and en-suite, should I put plywood or any special plasterboard? It will be tiled off course, but was thinking of any possible future leaks/fixing shower doors to walls etc...

Slabbing is next on the agenda so I would need to have it done before they start.

Thanks alot for the help, in this thread and others!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

12mm WBP plywood is your best bet as its great for getting grounds for fixtures and doors.Or you could use a moisture resistant slab which is green.Not much difference in price.The builder I work for uses both together and is a great job but you would get away with using either.You would be looking at about 20 euro for each.

Advertisement