Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop fan running continuous at startup

• 15-02-2007 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why this might be happening? when i turn the laptop on i get as far as the XP loading screen.. the bars keep moving as if it is still loading but the fax on the right hand side is running continuously..

I have to turn it off and on again several times before i can get a successful boot.

Dell Inspiron 6400 by the way...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think the fan is on the left hand side, if your looking at the screen. Are you sure is not the hard disk spinning that your hearing. Might be worth running the dell diagnostics tool if you still have access to at from the boot menus. Could be something like a currupt hard drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ok heres the latest.

I ran the full hard disk diagnostics and no errors were found. I also ran the fan diagnostics and the fan ran on the left hand side - and it is definately this that I am hearding when trying to boot... but no errors were found with that either....

Can the machine boot into safe mode or do you get the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

i can boot into safe mode fine... just having the problem when booting into normal mode

from safe mode you might be able to go back to an earlier restore point.

or from the bios you could temperarily disable multi core processing, to check if thats effecting things

otherwise if windows isn't loading, it's difficult to know what the problem could be

running memtest to check the ram might also be something to do

• Advertisement
Advertisement