Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod And Vista

• 15-02-2007 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just been reading around that Apple have offically said that Vista may corrupt ipod's when you try to disconnect them. Has this happened to anyone here?

I installed Vista last week and have not yet connected my iPod to the computer (just have not needed to) so I am a little wary about it now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The warning Apple gave was more of a compatibility warning during upgrading that iTunes isn't a 100% compatible with Vista yet. A new version is coming in the next few weeks which will resolve the issues.

The risk of data corruption was a worse case scenario if upgrading from Win2K/XP to WinVista as the problems are to do with file permissions. They released a tool which repairs the file permissions for iTunes tracks.

If you have clean installed Vista & iTunes you should be okay though if you want to play it safe wait till iTunes 7.0.3 is out in another week or so. Apple give steps at the bottom of the page in the link above if you want to get iTunes 7.0.2 up & running in Vista.

Advertisement